Lone Wolf Sit and Climb II

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bigwoodshuntn

Re: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb II

Unread postby bigwoodshuntn » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:01 pm

Kybowhunter wrote:So would the stand be that much better to buy it and put a summit seat in it rather than just buy a summit stand its self?

For run and gun portable the LW wins. If I'm going out for a long sit gun hunting or in the rut I will take the summit assuming I know the trees are climber friendly.

I like the bar that wraps around on the summit out in front. Can set my bow/gun on that and it is right there when it's go time. Just as solid or more as a long wolf.

That being said I hate carrying the bulky clunky old summit.

daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:27 pm

I had both the summit is awesome also it's very comfy why I took the seat off min and put it on my lone wolf. the lone wolf packs down pretty good and flat. the summit is just to bulky to carry my opinion.
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:49 pm

I threw a hazemore silent seat on mine last year and it is just awsome
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:18 pm

I bought a Hand Climber and added a Hunt Comfort seat. Really like it and it's great for when you know the exact tree your going to and it will accept a climber. The weight savings is very nice.

Last year I added a Wide Sit & Climb top. I really like it so far for all day sits especially with the addition of a Summit seat. The stock seat is pretty bad and not real comfortable at all.

My Alpha and sticks is still my go to set up but always nice to have other options. Like I mentioned the lighter weight is a nice change once in awhile.
Truth From The Stand
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TruthFromTheStand/

Unread postby Truth From The Stand » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:25 pm

I've used the sit and climb for 2 years, almost exclusively. It's honestly my favorite stand to hunt out of. I agree with others, ditch the seat. I went with a net seat.
Truth From The Stand Deer Hunting Podcast—http://truthfromthestand.com/

Facebook—https://www.facebook.com/TruthFromTheStand/
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:23 am

Kybowhunter wrote:So would the stand be that much better to buy it and put a summit seat in it rather than just buy a summit stand its self?

Every stand out of thr box usually needs some type of mods. Whether something is too loud or needs tweaked. LW only needs silenced for hitting brush. Ypu can fix that (on any stand) w the stealth strips. The ultimate perks of a LW is the less bulk packing, the platform & the climbing belt system. I hate the summit cables... But my friend let me try his and I was very impressed w summits stands. Quiter, lighter and climbs better than I expected. If your a skinny to normal sized guy then I suggest going to ebay and buying MOLLE Straps. At the very least i give summit props for giving decent back pack straps. All other companies (even lw) insult us w cheap basic straps!
Kybowhunter

Unread postby Kybowhunter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:48 am

I do like the way the belt system on the LW works. What makes the LW belts better than the other brands?
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:45 am

Kybowhunter wrote:I do like the way the belt system on the LW works. What makes the LW belts better than the other brands?

To start with their much quieter than other brands. They also don't have any slop to them once they are locked into the length or position you want them to like the other ones. They grip the tree phenomenally.
"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:11 pm

Eddiegomes83 wrote:I have a sit and climb and love it. Add footrest. I also modified the sit bar into a functional gun rest. Not one of those pointless gun rest either. When i turn around i lock it into the gunrest postion. Unlock it and i climb down.

Do you have any pics of this mod?
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:30 pm

PK_ wrote:
Eddiegomes83 wrote:I have a sit and climb and love it. Add footrest. I also modified the sit bar into a functional gun rest. Not one of those pointless gun rest either. When i turn around i lock it into the gunrest postion. Unlock it and i climb down.

Do you have any pics of this mod?

Yeah I'll try and take some pics tomorrow.
"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:42 pm

I tryed my best buds lone wolf climber for a season. He had the sit and climb wide.

Hated it.

Put ny knees to close to the tree while climbing.

Sure the fold up feature was nice, until I had to strap my pack to it then it stuck off my back almost as much as a summit.

Didnt find it any quieter to climb with then a summit.

Never slipped on me but the belts were a pain in the but on some trees do to the type of bark.

I was 315 to 320 fully rigged out then and the foot section flexed way to much for my liking.

My buddy was going too get his son one this season but we noticed they dropped the weight limit from 350 to 300 lbs but didnt change the stand are materials at all. So he didnt order it, said he didnt trust them after that. Ended up getting his on a mini viper.

But all that said only you can pick the correct stand for you and the woods you hunt.
Atimm693

Unread postby Atimm693 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:11 am

I don't have the LW but have a Summit Openshot.

The cables allow for a little bigger tree than the LW. I can climb anywhere from a 10" to probably 24" tree. I think they're also more difficult to work with and noisier. I have some flex tape applied to different areas to keep clunking to a minimum, but it's still really hard to set up totally silently.

I like not having the bar, since I can climb the back of the tree and sit sideways. If you've got the angle just right, you can hide almost completely behind the tree.

White oaks and Walnuts are a breeze to climb. HIckories are the worst, I wouldn't even try shagbark and the other varieties have a really hard/slick bark so the stand doesn't bite quite as well. In most stands it is rock solid and takes quite a bit of force to dislodge once it's gotten a bite.

Climbing with it can be a core workout, but it's not really a big deal once you're used to it. The first time will get you though.

You can climb a crooked tree, but you need to set the stand opposite of the lean. Climbing from the side doesn't work that well or make for a comfortable position.

If a tree has a limb in the way just below where you want to sit, you can unhitch the top when you get there and get a couple more feet until the platform hits the limb.
Maverick1

Unread postby Maverick1 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:41 pm

I had a LW sit and climb with the hazmore net seat. The seat was very comfortable.

I sold the sit and climb recently, mostly because I hadn't used it in many years.

I kind of felt limited by the trees that I could hunt out of when using the climber. Instead of hunting for a SPOT to hunt, I found myself hunting for a TREE to hunt from.

I find that with climbing sticks there are many more trees to pick from, and I don't feel as restricted like I did with the climber.

But, yeah, as far as climbers go, the sit and climb does what it does really well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No sponsors. No camera crew. No team. Just me and my bow. And that’s the way I prefer it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”