Broadheads

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

Re: Broadheads

Unread postby mauser06 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Have some grizztricks ready to go... probably some ST mags as well...

But really thinking about trying Bishop Scientific Methods. It seems to be the exact head I'd make if I could. And the pipeline steel isn't bad priced. If the pipelines do what I want I may pony up for their crazy grade steel and be done for a while.

I didn't think a deer could stop my arrow....by was proved wrong last season. I don't think it'd changed the outcome. But still think I'm going to a single bevel 2 blade.

RidgeGhost
500 Club

Unread postby RidgeGhost » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:30 pm

I've been shooting wasp jackhammers for probably 8 years. Aluminum ferrule so they are usually a one shot deal but they make a mess when they hit one. :shock:

Have shot muzzy, rage, g5, and the Ulmer edge and I would not switch back to any of them over the wasps.
Missionshooter
500 Club

Unread postby Missionshooter » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:17 am

I have heard such wonderful things about MAgnus Broadheads, that I am using 125 Magnus Stinger 4 blades this year. I am so excited to see what they do to a big buck.

Lifetime guarantee and made in the USA.
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:54 am

Been playing around with new heads and tuning a bit... Here are some Ram Cats results. The things are devastating!
*NOTE - the Ramcats are NOT meant to be pulled back out of a target! Push them through and unscrew*

RamCat - WOOF!

RamCat vs Muzzy 3 Blade - I totally planned these shots! :shifty:
huntinsonovagun

Unread postby huntinsonovagun » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:14 am

I've been doing a ton of research this year trying to figure out what I wanted to shoot and finally settled on Cutthroats after seen them mentioned here and researching them. Excited to give them a try
NEHunter

Unread postby NEHunter » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:26 am

The past 4 seasons I have been using 150 grain Grizzly Samurai single bevel, right. They hit hard and split bone for sure but a PITA to sharpen as they are so hard. Every deer has died within eye sight if not 35 yards or less. I hit one 2 years ago quartering away and it went through the back rib (split rib from spine to belly), out the brisket and cut the leg off. I am trying out 150 gran Excalibur boltcutters this season...just want something easier to sharpen. I really like something heavy and solid up front.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”