Pre-season observation stands

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Pre-season observation stands

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Dewey wrote:I always have my mountain bike in the back of my truck. I like to sneak into areas vehicles cannot go like logging roads, dike roads other access roads. It's quick and easy and the bonus is I stay out of site of other people. Observation stands will work but I like the mobile approach where I can quickly jump around from spot to spot. I usually pick a higher vantage point and glass long range from my bike. Nothing going on and I can quickly move to a better area. Works great for me and I can cover a much larger amount of ground. I do this all summer long as soon as antlers start to develop.

Do u ever use the bike during the season? If so how u set it up to get all your gear in.

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
Dewey wrote:I always have my mountain bike in the back of my truck. I like to sneak into areas vehicles cannot go like logging roads, dike roads other access roads. It's quick and easy and the bonus is I stay out of site of other people. Observation stands will work but I like the mobile approach where I can quickly jump around from spot to spot. I usually pick a higher vantage point and glass long range from my bike. Nothing going on and I can quickly move to a better area. Works great for me and I can cover a much larger amount of ground. I do this all summer long as soon as antlers start to develop.

Do u ever use the bike during the season? If so how u set it up to get all your gear in.

Gun rack to hold my bow on the handlebars and stand/sticks on my back. Actually it's much easier than walking on good terrain and saves a bunch of time.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Dewey wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:

Gun rack to hold my bow on the handlebars and stand/sticks on my back. Actually it's much easier than walking on good terrain and saves a bunch of time.

Gun rack :P good call why the heck I didn't think of that. Thanks Dewey. I located a large wma close to home that's bow only (Tx isn't exactly a bowhunting state) and it's only got one entrance no motorized vehicles allowed so this bike is gonna come in handy
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:

Gun rack :P good call why the heck I didn't think of that. Thanks Dewey. I located a large wma close to home that's bow only (Tx isn't exactly a bowhunting state) and it's only got one entrance no motorized vehicles allowed so this bike is gonna come in handy

These are the ones I use. They come with c-clamps to mount on handlebars.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Those are exactly what I'm looking for thanks mucho!
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”