White Knuckle Productions Webshow & Podcast - Dan Infalt

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
tbunao
500 Club

Re: White Knuckle Productions Webshow & Podcast - Dan Infalt

Unread postby tbunao » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:04 am

Good podcast! Maybe it's just me but it just felt like Dan has known them for awhile. 15 years according to his response above.

Funny he mentions he watches crime shows. I always try and get into a crime scene investigation mode when those areas of interest prove to take note. In a sense isn't that what we are doing? :think:

JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:22 am

Good podcast series.

Thanks for having the nerve to talk about the state of the hunting industry Dan.

Call me skeptical of the bit where Todd suggested he tries to follow Dan's example and put the hunting first (before selling stuff) but hey, glad they had Dan on to say his piece.

Wrote several different things and decided the above statement was the most diplomatic way of putting it :lol:
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 am

tbunao wrote:Good podcast! Maybe it's just me but it just felt like Dan has known them for awhile. 15 years according to his response above.

Funny he mentions he watches crime shows. I always try and get into a crime scene investigation mode when those areas of interest prove to take note. In a sense isn't that what we are doing? :think:

I probably underestimated that 15 years... I have a tendancy to think a long time ago, was a little while ago. :lol: :lol: I know I was living in Milwaukee, and Andrea in Cudahy when we used to all get together. I have lived out here now for almost 19 years... Its funny you mention the crime shows, just got done watching Forensic files and came in to check the BEAST. The show had a dog searching for evidence at a crime scene where a body was dumped a year earlier, and the dog used the dead guys (bones) scent to locate one of her boots a distance from the crime. That boot held the key evidence to nab the killer.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 pm

JoeRE wrote:Good podcast series.

Thanks for having the nerve to talk about the state of the hunting industry Dan.

Call me skeptical of the bit where Todd suggested he tries to follow Dan's example and put the hunting first (before selling stuff) but hey, glad they had Dan on to say his piece.

Wrote several different things and decided the above statement was the most diplomatic way of putting it :lol:

Its not just Todd... Its almost everyone in the industry. :cry:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:08 am

:clap: Nicely done Dan! From being that kid who got his first bow at a garage sale, it sure felt good to hear what u said it really takes. I hope a lot of the young up and comers listen to this one.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:51 am

Again well done. Always amazes me how these guys all know each other yet I don't think i have any of my close friends as interested in hunting as me. Doubt I'll ever see one of them working on TV as part of the outdoor industry. :lol:
BradC36

Unread postby BradC36 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:54 am

dan wrote:
JoeRE wrote:Good podcast series.

Its not just Todd... Its almost everyone in the industry. :cry:

Even though there isn't any depth to this, the state of the hunting industry topic makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. If by "almost everyone" you mean 99.9% then I would have to agree with you Dan. The only real exceptions that are "in" the industry to the naked eye, in the grand scheme of things aren't even close.
stikbow26

Unread postby stikbow26 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:14 am

Awesome job Dan, I sure do miss those days of sitting at Andres table and picking your and Andres brain. You taught me so much of how I hunt this Michigan State land than any one else so Thank you.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:22 am

stikbow26 wrote:Awesome job Dan, I sure do miss those days of sitting at Andres table and picking your and Andres brain. You taught me so much of how I hunt this Michigan State land than any one else so Thank you.

Yea... Kinda wish it still was the old days. 8-) Its not even the same if you go to a show anymore. No "real" pro's, and only one or two new products worth more than a glance. We used to have everyone who was anyone sitting around after the show at the local bar/restaurant. Haven't seen you in years... I haven't even gone to a show in a couple of years...
northeast beast

Unread postby northeast beast » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:53 am

I learn something new everytime from Dan....also big thanks for the beast forum shout out. Dan said some nice things about this group of people on here...I'm newer to this hunting style and am excited to put these podcasts and dvds in action
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:55 am

Another good listen. Glad one of the host talked about not selling out, right after the ozone commercial.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Unread postby SidewayZ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:14 pm

KarlJ wrote:I been listening to podcast to & from work. I heard that one yesterday and really liked it.
I just turned 40. Only been hunting for a few years now, public land and I have yet to put an arrow in a deer. And I've never done gun season.
I live 30mi. South of Chicago, close to the Indiana border. The public land I hunt within 75mi of me seems really pressured and I have no mentor to show me the way. Others hunters I've met have no interest in helping a new hunter my age. But listening to Dan gives me a renewed hope that I can do this. Hopefully I have some level of success before I'm dead!
I'd like to meet him someday

Take a ride and participate in one of his scouting workshops. I am thinking of flying out next winter / spring.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!
jman22
500 Club

Unread postby jman22 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:42 am

Great podcast. Really enjoyed the discussion of how it would be more productive for a new hunter to distance himself from all the hunting gizmos, gadgets, scents etc, but instead to learn about the animals you are hunting, the terrain they live in and how they relate. Excellent advice.
Waymore

Unread postby Waymore » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 pm

WV Bowhunter wrote:Another good listen. Glad one of the host talked about not selling out, right after the ozone commercial.

Yeah that made me laugh
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:04 pm

I hate those podcast commercials as much as anyone, but I think it would be funny if someone took a diff route of sponsorship. Instead of all the scent lok, ozonics, scent crusher, dead downwind etc... How bout this podcast is brought to u by Deep Woods Off. No reason to get eatin alive when u play the wind! Or fish Camo or Van Camps pork n beans or my personal fav Jack links beef jerky. Does a all day sit got your stomach sounding like a grunt tube? Feed your wild side, beast huntin with Sasquatch.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”