Just got great news

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wlog
500 Club

Just got great news

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:06 am

Just got the phone call from my brother in law that I've been hoping for. There is a nice property down the road from my house that was left vacant because of a bank foreclosure. It's been vacant with no hunting for about three years. The bordering property is managed strictly for trophy bucks.

Recently new owners from out of state moved in and bought it. My brother in law has been doing some work for them around the farm since they moved in for the last month or so. He had a couple of conversations with the guy and, long story short he told my brother in law that he wants him to have the hunting rights. My BIL told him he doesn't like hunting alone and asked if I could hunt there to and the guy says absolutely. Jackpot!

I know for a fact the former caretaker shot a couple Giants there. :dance: :dance:

THIS KIND OF STUFF DOES NOT USUALLY HAPPEN TO ME! Best part is the guy said he's not interested in taking money for it. I'm floored!

Going to take a look after work. :mrgreen:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
<DK>
500 Club

Re: Just got great news

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:09 am

:clap: :dance: Congrats! Sounds like things are lining up nicely for ya

I just gained permission on 120 acres in the MO Ozarks. Its vacant as well so my main goal is making my presence known to trespassers and poachers. Definitely shooting for a opening weekend deer camp. All from just picking up the phone.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:16 am

8-)
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:19 am

Nice score Wlog!

Every so often the star align for someone. To bad it's never me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:20 am

Nice. I nevwer have any luck getting private land to hunt. I'm sure you already were looking at aerials of it before you got permission to hunt it. At least I know I would have.
daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:28 am

awesome news bud
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:38 am

great to hear there are still some good people out there... wlog you gotta do whatever you can to hold on to properties like that!!
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:55 am

I'll be doing a bunch of work at the property to maintain permission which is fine within reason. Not looking for another full time job. The nice thing is it's 3 minutes from my house and it will be a great place to take my son.

My BIL doesn't hunt like me. He's more of a permanent stand corn pile guy. I think he's coming around though. I'm not going to let that deter me. It is what it is.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:42 am

That is awesome!
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:47 am

That's awesome congratulations, good luck this year hope you kill a giant!! :dance:
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:48 am

Wlog wrote:Just got the phone call from my brother in law that I've been hoping for. There is a nice property down the road from my house that was left vacant because of a bank foreclosure. It's been vacant with no hunting for about three years. The bordering property is managed strictly for trophy bucks.

Recently new owners from out of state moved in and bought it. My brother in law has been doing some work for them around the farm since they moved in for the last month or so. He had a couple of conversations with the guy and, long story short he told my brother in law that he wants him to have the hunting rights. My BIL told him he doesn't like hunting alone and asked if I could hunt there to and the guy says absolutely. Jackpot!

I know for a fact the former caretaker shot a couple Giants there. :dance: :dance:

THIS KIND OF STUFF DOES NOT USUALLY HAPPEN TO ME! Best part is the guy said he's not interested in taking money for it. I'm floored!

:dance:

You should go buy a lotto ticket too :lol:
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:55 am

Sounds like an awesome place. Good luck!!
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:57 am

Awesome news man! Always an amazing feeling to land access to a premium piece of ground. Better get the taxidermist on standby.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:34 am

8-) 8-) 8-) :dance: :dance: :dance:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:02 am

Wlog wrote:Just got the phone call from my brother in law that I've been hoping for. There is a nice property down the road from my house that was left vacant because of a bank foreclosure. It's been vacant with no hunting for about three years. The bordering property is managed strictly for trophy bucks.

Where you live...thats a big deal.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”