Mervyn's corner

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Southern Man
500 Club

Re: Mervyn's corner

Unread postby Southern Man » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:03 am

dan wrote:
Happy New Year! Here's to your prosperity. I hope you are planning on making 2018 the best year yet. I hope you have some nice, lofty goals set for this year.

Whatever they are, remember that in order to succeed you must pay the full price of success. If you want ultra-success pay the interest as well. There are no short cuts to success and it never goes on sale.

Break those lofty goals into smaller, bite-sized pieces and reward yourself as you hit those smaller goals along the way. I hope to hear some pretty cool success stories from you in 2018.

Here's to your prosperity.

Its funny how this guys manufacturing quotes match up to our deer hunting tactics and goals.

Is this guy online? Those are some good thoughts for all walks of life. I'd like to follow him if possible.

You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:12 am

Southern Man wrote:
dan wrote:
Happy New Year! Here's to your prosperity. I hope you are planning on making 2018 the best year yet. I hope you have some nice, lofty goals set for this year.

Whatever they are, remember that in order to succeed you must pay the full price of success. If you want ultra-success pay the interest as well. There are no short cuts to success and it never goes on sale.

Break those lofty goals into smaller, bite-sized pieces and reward yourself as you hit those smaller goals along the way. I hope to hear some pretty cool success stories from you in 2018.

Here's to your prosperity.

Its funny how this guys manufacturing quotes match up to our deer hunting tactics and goals.

Is this guy online? Those are some good thoughts for all walks of life. I'd like to follow him if possible.

No, its at the end of the manufacturing alliance of Waukesha county Wisconsin's monthly email.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 am

Bummer....
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:23 am

Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying "do the thing and you will have the power." And Larry the Cable Guy made "get 'er done" a household statement. It is true that successful people do the things that their less successful counterparts won't do. One reason for this that I have discovered is that some folks are looking for perfection.

To be sure, there are some of us who have certain propensities to perfectionism as evidenced by your DISC profile. As we always say, your profile isn't an excuse for not doing the right thing. Many a great philosopher has said this in many ways, but I like how the late, great Jim Rohn stated it-"perfection is the enemy of good."

This quote made me think about my oldest child. She was an amazing student-very bright, conscientious and quite the perfectionist. She recently informed me that after I would retire for the night, she would get up to work on her projects. She would be 85 - 90% done and find some flaw in it and scrap the whole thing to start all over again. She has since learned that perfection doesn't exist, so she is free to do a good job and get things done. I hope the same for those of you who have a perfectionist mentality. "Do the thing and you will have the power!"
Lu Rome

Unread postby Lu Rome » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:06 am

dan wrote:
Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying "do the thing and you will have the power." And Larry the Cable Guy made "get 'er done" a household statement. It is true that successful people do the things that their less successful counterparts won't do. One reason for this that I have discovered is that some folks are looking for perfection.

To be sure, there are some of us who have certain propensities to perfectionism as evidenced by your DISC profile. As we always say, your profile isn't an excuse for not doing the right thing. Many a great philosopher has said this in many ways, but I like how the late, great Jim Rohn stated it-"perfection is the enemy of good."

This quote made me think about my oldest child. She was an amazing student-very bright, conscientious and quite the perfectionist. She recently informed me that after I would retire for the night, she would get up to work on her projects. She would be 85 - 90% done and find some flaw in it and scrap the whole thing to start all over again. She has since learned that perfection doesn't exist, so she is free to do a good job and get things done. I hope the same for those of you who have a perfectionist mentality. "Do the thing and you will have the power!"

The perfection issue is one that took me a while to get. Spent a lot of time too scared to attempt anything for fear of anything less than perfect. You have to be able to accept failure. Most of the time, good enough is good enough and the best that you will ever do. Thanks Dan.
“Curiosity never killed the cat. The cat died from stupidity, or maybe an overdose of mice.” -The Old Man
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:36 am

I like to say that we are all "sunshine people." Some of us brighten up the room when we walk into it. These are the type of people that others want to be around. They make you feel better about yourself when you are around them. They have an innate way of lifting your spirits.

The other type of sunshine person is the type that brightens the room when they leave. This is old Schleprock from the Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show. This person brings his own black cloud with him wherever he goes. He's often heard saying things like "boy, it sure is cold outside, but at least it's raining." No one wants to be around a person with such a demeanor. Think back on the past 24 hours. Have you been acting like Schleprock or have you brought sunshine to other's lives?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”