Rut spot lighting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Grasshopper

Rut spot lighting

Unread postby Grasshopper » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:29 pm

I've been listening to podcasts a lot while working around the house. I remember hearing Dan talk about spot lighting all hours of the night, and recently reading posts about patterning annual rut activity. It got me thinking that if I lived in an area where you could spot light late into the night or should I say early in the morning, I'd be inclined to watch where hot does are hanging out early in the morning. The rut has its highs and lows, but if you can legally figure out where there's a few responsive does early in the morning I believe you might be able to have more highs. Just a late night lack of sleep thought that crossed my mind.

Dewey

Re: Rut spot lighting

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:00 pm

During the season we cannot spotlight deer after 10 pm in WI.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Rut spot lighting

Unread postby dan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:41 pm

X2 on what Dewey said... Rut is an awesome time to shine and pattern, regardless of what people tell you about bucks wandering I see consistant patterns. Granted they don't last long, but I shine the same bucks with the same does in the same spots for 2 to 4 days straight quite often and have gotten into some good action from it... But we can only shine till 10 pm at that time of year.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”