Mobile stand cover/silencer idea

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: Mobile stand cover/silencer idea

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:29 pm

tgreeno wrote:I had this idea a while back. Using an old coverall, that I was gonna modify. You can zip it right in. I'm cutting off the arms & legs. It definitely quiets everything while walking thru the brush.

Advantage Timber wow im so upset the quit making that camo.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:25 pm

Seems like a good use/way to carry an extra layer.. I'll give this a try this season...
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:13 pm

I'm excited to try this too. I never have in a hunting situation. I wish I could sew. I would remove the zipper and replace it with an elastic band. Then I'm betting it would be easier to get on & off. It's amazing how much thin coverall quiets any metal to branch contact.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:48 pm

tgreeno wrote:I had this idea a while back. Using an old coverall, that I was gonna modify. You can zip it right in. I'm cutting off the arms & legs. It definitely quiets everything while walking thru the brush.

I figured someone else had to have to done something similar.

Uncle Lou wrote:That is great PK, and tgreeno. Love it, this is great. I was thinking about wrapping my entire stand, every single little piece of cast. I have not done it yet, but got a few strips laying around. And if you don't wear the jacket all that much, who cares if it gets some briars on it.

The problem with the briars is I think the jacket would get hung up a lot and possibly pulled off since it is not firmly attached.

Tennhunter3 wrote:Great idea i do wonder if it will get caught when removing it on the stand. If you don't carry a backpack to put it in are you going to tie it too the stand or around the tree while you are hunting?

Honestly if it is not cool enough to throw on a sweater or lightweight sweatshirt after I settle in, I am not bothering with it. I don't like to take anything extra or unnecessary into the woods.

Glad you guys like the idea.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:44 pm

Love the idea. When I know I'm going into a brushy area and it's impossible to resist stand on brush noise, I'll cover the stand with a large pillow case. Cut 2 slashes on one side for the straps. Slip the case over the top and slide straps through openings.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:55 am

Wow - what a cool idea.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:38 am

wickedbruiser wrote:Love the idea. When I know I'm going into a brushy area and it's impossible to resist stand on brush noise, I'll cover the stand with a large pillow case. Cut 2 slashes on one side for the straps. Slip the case over the top and slide straps through openings.

There you go.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
RDubs44

Unread postby RDubs44 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:44 am

Nice! Extra layer and silencer
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:21 am

Good idea, I'll have to remember this.
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Great idea...everybody has a hoody!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:27 pm

This might sound like a stupid question but I just got to know what is you guys obsession with a lone wolf stand? I carry a mesh saddle type stand that fits in my cargo pocket of pants that doesn't weigh anything can climb as high as I want with one stick impossible to make any noise allows u to shoot 360 around the tree. For a whole lot less money.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:This might sound like a stupid question but I just got to know what is you guys obsession with a lone wolf stand? I carry a mesh saddle type stand that fits in my cargo pocket of pants that doesn't weigh anything can climb as high as I want with one stick impossible to make any noise allows u to shoot 360 around the tree. For a whole lot less money.

Actually, my stand is not a lone wolf stand. Thanks for your input!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:45 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:This might sound like a stupid question but I just got to know what is you guys obsession with a lone wolf stand? I carry a mesh saddle type stand that fits in my cargo pocket of pants that doesn't weigh anything can climb as high as I want with one stick impossible to make any noise allows u to shoot 360 around the tree. For a whole lot less money.

I think there are quite a few guys on here that use a saddle. I personally prefer having the luxury of a big platform to shoot from since i am often sitting in a smaller diameter tree, often with many branches on the trunk. With that said, i would like to see a thread with some pics of your setup, it sounds pretty slick!
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”