Central MN public land scouting & info

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Sean55025

Central MN public land scouting & info

Unread postby Sean55025 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Just thought now that we are getting to that time of year where scouting is kicking off I'd start a thread for those of us in this area or that hunt this area to share info and other stuff.

Sean55025

Re: Central MN public land scouting & info

Unread postby Sean55025 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:32 pm

I'll lead off since I brought it up... I do know a few places in carlos avery have been logged this winter and will open stuff up to bedding cover under growth as well as new food sources. Any one know of other logging operations that happened this winter?
RDubs44

Unread postby RDubs44 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:47 am

Good idea would be to contact the local Forestry Office or DNR Land managers in your area. Call or email.

I have always had good luck talking with DNR Fisheries via email.

In addition, use the recreation compass the MN DNR have on the website to find the public lands.
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:43 am

Just finishing up my intrusions into the woods...just figuring this out so I never seem to have enough intel :lol:
Not much for info on the logging...I know they are always cutting up north and SE on smaller state areas. I noticed this earlier when I started my scouting. I like to have most of my work done by May when the woods gets tough to get through.
And I like to use wildlife management areas:Mndnr...it show wma's,sna's, state forests...all color-coded different for the different type of areas...also look and put up scouting stuff on the scouting page...keep at it :handgestures-thumbup:
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
swampyak
500 Club

Unread postby swampyak » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:33 am

RDubs44 wrote:Good idea would be to contact the local Forestry Office or DNR Land managers in your area. Call or email.

I have always had good luck talking with DNR Fisheries via email.

In addition, use the recreation compass the MN DNR have on the website to find the public lands.

One suggestion is to have a specific area in mind when asking expecaly in northern mn
swampyak
500 Club

Unread postby swampyak » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:45 am

Don't forget about county land departments

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”