You get 5 things...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ghost Hunter

Re: You get 5 things...

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:54 am

Lease/Public

Cell phone
Milkweed
GPS ( tracking deer after shot to return to it easily)
Knife
Headlamp

I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
GoInLight

Unread postby GoInLight » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Headlamp
Compass
Pull up rope
Cell phone
Knife
Got to have the compass, I have a terrible sense of direction. One time I tracked a doe and cut her up on the spot. When I stood up to leave I had no idea which way to go to get out. Last time I went in the woods without a compass. :D
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Binos, rangefinder, knife, tags and a great attitude
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Big Ben

Unread postby Big Ben » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:29 am

Early season no backpack so in my pockets cell phone, bow rope, range finder, small bottle of water and my side arm pistol holstered on hip. At rut or close to it then I will throw in rattling horns, and a grunt call in a backpack.
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:39 am

You guys are a bunch of Baddonkeys! You keep your five items I'm rolling with my pack! We don't have time to breakdown my pack! Just think Boyscout! I got no problem spending a couple of days (literally) in the woods/ swamp with what I bring. If I get tired carrying it in I take a break. But after humping 90#+ for 8 years in the Army my 40-50# total (depending on season) including LW isn't that bad. It keeps me young.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:12 am

-GPS with beds and areas of interest pre-marked
-head lamp
-grunt call
-haul rope
-milk weed
9pt
500 Club

Unread postby 9pt » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Harness, water, flashlight, compass, phone.
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Dude I wish...

RC harness
lineman's belt
Rangefinder
Stand/sticks
Camera Arm
Camera w/ external mic
Pull rope
milkweed
water bottle
copenhagen
bow & release

thermacell from September-early November
Snake gators September-when it finally cools off
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Waymore

Unread postby Waymore » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:07 pm

I think most of you are going to be upset that you forgot your release :D
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:54 pm

Waymore wrote:I think most of you are going to be upset that you forgot your release :D

I don't look at it that way! I shoot fingers and my tab is always put on an arrow in the quiver. The 1 year I shot a release it "always" was strapped around the grip. Same with my am guard.

When I leave camp or the vehicle they go on my finger and arm. You never know when a shot opportunity may arise. Yeah this means I gotta take it all off. Then put it back on when fully dressed at the stand, but it's not a big deal.These shooting aids are part of the bow. IMHO. Keeping this all together this way saves alot of headaches and time. Stressing about where they went to.

Lil' Bro' doesn't do this and he's always scrounging around for his release. Drives me nuts!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:29 am

stash59 wrote:
Waymore wrote:I think most of you are going to be upset that you forgot your release :D

I don't look at it that way! I shoot fingers and my tab is always put on an arrow in the quiver. The 1 year I shot a release it "always" was strapped around the grip. Same with my am guard.

When I leave camp or the vehicle they go on my finger and arm. You never know when a shot opportunity may arise. Yeah this means I gotta take it all off. Then put it back on when fully dressed at the stand, but it's not a big deal.These shooting aids are part of the bow. IMHO. Keeping this all together this way saves alot of headaches and time. Stressing about where they went to.

Lil' Bro' doesn't do this and he's always scrounging around for his release. Drives me nuts!

And hence I love my pack. I have a matching release in my pack! even if I was to take it off and forget it somewhere while changing I got another. Learned my lesson on that a long time ago.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:48 am

Dhurtubise wrote:So.. I like my winter set-up.

I'll drop my stand and sticks in the back of the pick-up. I'll trade in the bow for a short rifle with an open sight. Then,

1 5-6' section of paracord.
2 gutting knife
3 Cell phone with pre-loaded maps (or gps) and spare batteries.
4 a headlamp
5 lighter or matches

I like the way you think, I'll deal with the added weight, and add water, peanut butter bacon sandwiches, and binoculars. A little extra weight won't bother me nearly as much as being hungry or thirsty
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:13 am

Tufrthnails wrote:
stash59 wrote:

And hence I love my pack. I have a matching release in my pack! even if I was to take it off and forget it somewhere while changing I got another. Learned my lesson on that a long time ago.

Yuup! Always had a couple spare tabs in the pack too. And gloves too change when wet.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:59 am

stash59 wrote:
Tufrthnails wrote:
stash59 wrote:

Yuup! Always had a couple spare tabs in the pack too. And gloves too change when wet.

I beat it into my head day one to always have my release on my wrist. Once I open my bow case, its sitting on top, I put it on, and try my hardest to not take it off. If I do, it goes back on immediately. Just something I emphasized day one, and now its natural for me.

Just make sure to stealth strip the heck out of it. I have banged my release into every inch of metal out in the woods imaginable
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:34 am

water (given my '17 buck ill never forget water)
pull up rope
headlamp
release
homemade deer jerky
(ill bank on one of my pockets has some milk weed floating around)
nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”