I Need a Pick Me Up

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Noreast10pt
500 Club

Re: I Need a Pick Me Up

Unread postby Noreast10pt » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:11 pm

In Nh you could get a total of 4 deer if you can get and fill all the tags.
Bow has 1 any deer tag and an available extra antlered deer tag.
Firearms 1 deer, different WMUs have various restrictions on when and what can be taken.
Also as far as I know an extra doe tag was available for one of the more urban WMUs.

Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:51 am

Islandhunter wrote:In MN 1 buck total, doe tag availability varies throughout the state and condition of the herd. Some zones are buck only, some zones are a lottery for antlerless tags, and some areas offer multiple antlerless.

X2

The vast majority of MN is one deer. Up north are some buck only zones. Most of the state is doe lottery, which means if you draw you could shoot a doe instead of a buck, not both. Some central and Eastern/SE zones are management zones where you do get a bonus doe tag. Then there are a few select zones where we have intensive harvest which I believe is up to 5 deer (1 buck, 4 does).
Hatchet Jack

Unread postby Hatchet Jack » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:23 am

Depending if you're east or west of the Blue Ridge 2/3 bucks in Virginia....Think 3 does
wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:42 am

MA has 2 antlered tags. Doe/does application required. I'd like to see 1 buck tag here. I'm a quality over quantity type of guy when it comes to bucks. Ton of does running around here for meat.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”