Bedding that gives you trouble

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tgreeno
500 Club

Re: Bedding that gives you trouble

Unread postby tgreeno » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:12 am

Thanks for the feedback Headgear!

I have a few areas that sound like your examples. I'm just gonna go with my gut, and read the sign as best I can. I'm expecting to probably bump some bucks, but also learn alot about these spots! It will be a fun year whatever happen!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:01 am

We need to be a little patient with ourselves sometimes, it took Dan many years to develop these tactics, he has given us a huge shortcut but there is still a lot of learn and sometimes you just need those years of experience to be able to be to put everything together. Some spots can be easy and don't require that kind of time but other give you fits but once you figure them out its all worth it. For years I couldn't find the bucks in early season but now I have a lot of spots I feel I have a decent shot at getting an early season buck at, same for other times of year. We can learn an absolute ton of great info here but it isn't a great substitute for time in the woods scouting and hunting, it's one of those things where the shortcut to success is actually the long way but it sure beats how many of us use to hunt with little to no chance at tagging a nice buck.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 am

Toughest bedding areas for me are the ones that are right on a property line. I run into this problem on farmland all the time. It limits your entry and exits and really makes it tough to hunt.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
PUBLICbowhunter

Unread postby PUBLICbowhunter » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:55 am

Wlog wrote:Toughest bedding areas for me are the ones that are right on a property line. I run into this problem on farmland all the time. It limits your entry and exits and really makes it tough to hunt.

I couldn't agree more, sometimes its hard to even make the decision to hunt these beds on the line. The only thing I can really try is to scout the buck with cameras to see if I can pattern him to a certain destination with a certain wind or weather pattern.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”