Deer Baiting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Deer Baiting

Unread postby SidewayZ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:59 pm

I met a guy in NY that calims to know Andre D'aquisto.

He says Andres game was baiting deer with Alpha piles and various nature bait piles.

Any truth to this??

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!
Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Deer Baiting

Unread postby Hawthorne » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:15 pm

Andre is a bed hunter has far has I know he said its the biggest piece of the puzzle . What's a alpha and nature bait pile?
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:29 pm

I haven't heard of him hunting over bait. I hope this isn't an attempt to troll.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Google has some answers... , but probably bc of what your talking about is why he doesn't want to do any more hunting shows. I do know this, iv never heard anyone speak about whitetails like that man. Whether anything was actually true or not, that's a spot light no one wants any part of and yet... everyone around me uses corn piles or more. His work w treestamds speaks for itself and He got it done long before any type of allegations came about. He and Dan are, by far, my favorite hunters.
SidewayZ

Unread postby SidewayZ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Certainly not trolling!

I was actually talking up Dan and his strategies / videos to someone and that person mentioned Andre's name without me saying a word. He also mentioned being a former Lone Wolf retailer. He definetley spoke of Andre as if he knew him. I honestly was surprised by the whole thing.

In regard to baiting, if its legal in that area great, I have baited myself, I could careless.

I didnt get details about when / where, all I am asking is this part of the strategy or not. No judgement, but I think its a fair question?

Maybe it was years ago and now isnt. But the way it was presented to me without the other person acting like they knew what I was refering too def. grabbed my attention.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

SidewayZ

Unread postby SidewayZ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Damn auto correct on phone.

I meant alpahfa bait and natural bait piles.

Believe me, I am all in on this bedding / beast hunting style of hunting. I have earned a bachelor degree in mature whitetails here. Baiting or no baiting the info is innovative and far surpasing any other info from anyone IMO.

I was just shocked when I hears this so matter of factly....
-SidewayZ-

nor' easter

Unread postby nor' easter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:47 pm

I have never met Andre or talked to him. My only knowledge of him is what I read on the Internet and dan's interviews with him on the beast videos. It's easy to see that he is very knowledgeable and passionate about whitetails, their habitat, and their behavior. He knows exactly where a target buck beds and can pick the perfect conditions to sneak in on him and get a shot. I seriously doubt that he needs to bait. Sounds like a bit of gossip going around to me...
Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:52 pm

Even if an individual was baiting deer your not going to get a world class buck to come to a bait pile unless it's behind a fence.

A free range mature Whitetail is not going to stroll up. Maybe a 2.5 or 3.5.
Joe™
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:01 am

I don't know Andre but in Iowa where he lives you cannot use "bait piles" or mineral licks to hunt over. He certainly probably hunts other places where it is legal though.

Also its perfectly legal in Iowa to PLANT a bait station, AKA food plot, and hunt over that.

90% of the time when someone claims to know some celeb (of any kind) they are full of crap. If he really was an acquaintance, he wouldn't feel the need to name drop or stir the pot. Just sayin.

In other news, I hate gossip :lol:
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:59 am

Kind of a misleading title for this post. Shoulda just came out with Andreas' name in the title. Instead of beat around the bush. Hope Dan see's this. He'll set things straight. Jim Shockey baits. Are we picking on him.

Just cause a guy sold a few stands doesn't mean he actually knew Andrea. I doubt Andrea had alot to do with the actual sales. Guys just another highly jealous wannabe.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Nocturnal
500 Club

Unread postby Nocturnal » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:42 am

I don't know andre either but the big bucks he has put down in his lifetime couldn't have been done with a pile of corn. Sounds like the little guy trying to be the big guy. I remember hearing rumors spread of dan killing deer at night because there was no way a guy could kill that many big bucks on public land.
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:08 am

Politics and jealousy are amazing. They help taint people's hard work and good name.
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 am

Anybody can claim they know anyone! Or make a claim about how others hunt!

My guess is most guys on here have used bait, at some point of their hunting careers.

What is the point of this post? Most of us don't know Andre, so what does it really matter!

All I know is...the guy is a tree stand pioneer! And one of the best whitetail hunter around!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:29 am

Well one time i caught wind that someone i know figured out how i shot my my 2015 buck. Apparently i waited for pheasant hunters to kick it up to me and then i arrowed it :lol: huh!! He really figured out my strategy lol. Some people cant comprehend the idea that you can kill bucks by hunting with a purpose and placing stands on hot sign.

I personally know people who would look through the our big buck contest thread on the beast and would not be impressed at all. They would just shrug and say "luck". They don't and never will "get it" and its ok because we hunt for our own personal enjoyment, not to impress people.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
SidewayZ

Unread postby SidewayZ » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:51 am

tgreeno wrote:Anybody can claim they know anyone! Or make a claim about how others hunt!

My guess is most guys on here have used bait, at some point of their hunting careers.

What is the point of this post? Most of us don't know Andre, so what does it really matter!

All I know is...the guy is a tree stand pioneer! And one of the best whitetail hunter around!

Oh Boy! Feeling the heat here....

After reading all posts, I guess I totally came off the wrong way.

Just want to say publicly, that if I came off as detracting from anyone, talking , slandering, trolling, etc. That was never my intent. After rereading what I started the post with and the comments, I would say that I shouldn't have said anything.

What I do want to say is all the information from board, videos, from Dan and Andre is innovative and impressive and thats my honest opinion.

If I could delete this post I would, but I did however post this and will have to take my licks, but again I should have just kept my mouth shut and I never intended to detract anything from Andre! I also do not know Andre. I am just here to learn, I guess I learned to think before posting!
-SidewayZ-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”