Scary day scouting (long)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampbuck

Re: Scary day scouting (long)

Unread postby Swampbuck » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:57 pm

So the moral of the story is leave dogs home while scouting :lol:

Make It Happen
BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:04 pm

mheichelbech wrote:
BowHusker wrote:
mheichelbech wrote:Glad it turned out okay. Great warning for all of us as well as a lesson for keeping our pets in safe situations.

Yes it is and it's totally my fault. I always make him wear his shock collar so that I can keep him from stuff like that. I forgot to charge it last night so he didn't have it. Never again...

Sorry it wasnt my intent to assign any blame on your situation!!! It could easily happen to anyone and is not always foreseeable for sure. I am just grateful that you posted it as it is a great lesson for all of us. Cold weather and cold water really raise the threat level and if you hadn't been out in a while, it's easy to forget about it.

Oh I didn't think you were trying to assign any blame bud :). That stuff happens so fast it's almost out of our control to a degree. One of the first things I did though after getting back on Terra firma was think about how to never be in that situation again and it all pointed back to the shock collar and how overlooking one small aspect caused so much chaos. I could have stopped him before he took the initial plunge if he would have been wearing it and avoided the situation all together.
AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:56 pm

stash59 wrote:Glad it all turned out okay. And you even got some intel.

Now go give your girls a big hug. Give the dog a treat. And thank your lucky stars.

Not a place anyone wants to be. Glad it all worked out.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Oh man I was nervous reading this. Ice can be sketchy on any body of water, but rivers are bad news! The river by my boss's house has went from from froze over to wide open 3 different times this year. I drive by it every day. Glad it worked out and you are both ok.
Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:20 am

That's a very scary situation out there. Things can happen quick out there. Glad nothing really bad happened.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”