Do any Beast members hunt together?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hunter_mike

Re: Do any Beast members hunt together?

Unread postby hunter_mike » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:33 pm

Ive scouted with a couple. Definitely worth doing, you learn a lot seeing what things other people pay attention to.

I hunt with my brother, he isnt on the forum but he is open minded to the beast tactics. It is a ton of fun scouting together and talking about particular spots.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
rbuckleyjr1
500 Club

Unread postby rbuckleyjr1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:53 pm

I have scouted the last few years with a fellow beast, but we have yet to hunt together. Hopefully we will be able to get to do that in 2017. I also have plans to scout/ strategize with a beast member I met who hunts some of the same public areas. Not sure if we will get out together or just compare notes, but it will be a great learning experience.
Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:54 pm

I hunt often with a fellow Beast member but it's mostly small game. Squirrel for the most part. We also scout a lot together and share most all information pertaining to buck sighting and sign we have encountered.

We have hunted together during archery season but only in the same tree with one being the camera man and one the shooter.

Rifle season is about the only time where we both are trying to kill a deer. And this year the only day we hunted together we doubled up.

It helps that we're best friends but even more so that we're on the same page. Not only are we scouting and hunting together but we each have our own agenda. We think and see things differently and when debating things like sign, bedding , and travel routes can express our thoughts and compound them making it easier to formulate a strategy.

I think finding a good hunting partner can be a great thing, but you have to be accepting. You can always expect to shoot and be successful. Sometimes it's the other way around. You have to be appreciative of your partners accomplishments and be thankful that one was successful and your plan was executed with success. Jealousy has no role in a partnership and if that's something you can't hack then stick with going solo.

My fiance doesn't hunt and I would love nothing more than to be able to share my hunting experience with her, but being able to share not only my success and my path to it with my best friend is the next best thing and I'm very thankful for that.
Joe™
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:09 pm

My father is a beast member, but he and I just had a sad heart to heart. He told me I need to find a partner that can hunt how we hunt because he just can't do it anymore like we used to. Lupus has crippled the mans physical being, but haven't dulled his mental health. So you can say I'm trying to find someone I can trust and maybe we will go from there.

I've shared the woods with Bayshorebucks8, he's a great guy and funny as all get out. Would have with Bucky this season but some unforeseen circumstances came up; and I'm hoping I can get a re invite next season. I talk with several beasts via text, Dirt Nap Giver, RR7, Oldrank, Jmass07, Hawthorne, Dan, Bighunt, Czabs, Bucky, Lockdown, Spysar, uncle Lou, it's here and there but I'd be lucky and happy to share the woods with any of them and hope to some day. This site is loaded with great hunters.
buckeye

Unread postby buckeye » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:38 pm

I have talked tactics a lot and met up a few times with Woody-san. Though we hunt many of the same public pieces we have never actually hunted together.
Instagram.com/buckeye_archer
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:43 pm

I have hunted with a couple Beast members. Lost several spots to one of them a few years ago and he has taken some nice bucks out of them the past couple years. We aren't friends anymore. It's happened before. I seem to be good at picking the wrong hunting partners. I have approached a couple others I'm sure would have been trustworthy but they haven't been interested. I think I'm done trying to get a good hunting partner even though it may mean not being able to hunt some good spots because I can't get my bucks out without help.

I do have one member that I feel I can trust that said he would help me get a buck out of one of my spots but I never made it to that spot this year. Maybe next year.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:50 pm

dan wrote:Im not real big on sharing my best spots unless its someone I know and trust real well. It takes to much time to find great spots, you only have so many. They are a precious thing.

My feelings as well. A good friend of mine is a "part-time" Beast member and occasional hunting partner, and we share a lot of info.

I do think it would be cool to hunt with other Michigan Beast hunters but, to be honest, my mind would be more at ease if it was in an area neither one of us knew well......more like a Beast "camp" away from home. Local spots can only take so much pressure, and it would be tough deciding who hunts what area and when if you are regularly hunting with a like-minded Beast.
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:27 pm

I don't generally hunt with other people but I wouldn't mind hunting with the guys on here. I don't think there are very many beasts where I live. I do talk to a couple members by phone and email quite a bit, nice to bounce ideas off like minded folks. They help me realize things and answer questions I wouldn't be able to figure out on my own. Definitely a very high quality group of guys here.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:27 am

burkhart wrote:The more I read of these the more one realizes it is a solo sport.

I'm also seeing that I share more info than most. I shown all my scouted spots to guys without regard to them "stealing" it but I've never really worried about who kills the animal. I get more joy from others succeeding than myself

I've reached a point where it's not that important for me to kill something. I would (and do) share my spots with friends. If they kill a big one I am just as happy as if I had killed it - maybe more.
It's important to have the right chemistry with a hunting partner. Sharing with a friend makes the hunt more enjoyable. Because of how and where I hunt I usually hunt alone..... unless you count my chocolate lab coco.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:24 am

Jeff G. called me the other day and asked where I thought he should hunt. I am done for the year, and trust Jeff enough that he has been to and hunted a lot of my great spots. I told him now is a great time to be hunting, bucks are moving in daylight real well and they are more patternable now than any other time of season. I told him one spot I would hunt in the AM and one spot / area I would hunt in the pm.... 1st hunt he saw a shooter, I think he is moving in for the kill tonight... 8-)
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:33 am

burkhart wrote:The more I read of these the more one realizes it is a solo sport.

I'm also seeing that I share more info than most. I shown all my scouted spots to guys without regard to them "stealing" it but I've never really worried about who kills the animal. I get more joy from others succeeding than myself

I think it'd be beneficial to scout with another guy but if I was trying to move in on a bedded deer the last thing I would want was another person making noise and a lot of guys tend to talk if they're in s stand with someone else
WVFrid

Unread postby WVFrid » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:42 am

This being my first year living in KY, I hunt solo but wouldn't mind finding a fellow beast member to hunt public with here in the future.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:50 am

dan wrote:Jeff G. called me the other day and asked where I thought he should hunt. I am done for the year, and trust Jeff enough that he has been to and hunted a lot of my great spots. I told him now is a great time to be hunting, bucks are moving in daylight real well and they are more patternable now than any other time of season. I told him one spot I would hunt in the AM and one spot / area I would hunt in the pm.... 1st hunt he saw a shooter, I think he is moving in for the kill tonight... 8-)

Dan - my middle name begins with a "G", does that count like Jeff's?

;)
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:03 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:
dan wrote:Jeff G. called me the other day and asked where I thought he should hunt. I am done for the year, and trust Jeff enough that he has been to and hunted a lot of my great spots. I told him now is a great time to be hunting, bucks are moving in daylight real well and they are more patternable now than any other time of season. I told him one spot I would hunt in the AM and one spot / area I would hunt in the pm.... 1st hunt he saw a shooter, I think he is moving in for the kill tonight... 8-)

Dan - my middle name begins with a "G", does that count like Jeff's?

;)

Your welcome here anytime Ed.... ;)
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:22 pm

Haven't met any other beasts yet. Would love the opportunity to hunt with anybody here. I'm sure it will happen someday but until then, planning on meeting bighunt and others out ice fishing this year. I hunt with my dad primarily and we have different ideas on how to hunt so there is always a bit of conflicting interest doing that. The way I look at hunting with others is the more minds looking at a situation, the better your answer will be. Doesn't mean you have to give up your best spots. Most people learn well by studying with others. Just discussing tactics with guys here helps me learn much more than anything else.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”