What did you learn this year?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DaHunter

Re: What did you learn this year?

Unread postby DaHunter » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:13 pm

I learned that what I have picked up from the Beast community has helped me immensely in scouting and getting in the right areas. I'm not a sticks/stand mobile hunter but what I have learned here about hills, swamps, buck travel and bedding preferences, has put me within reach of bucks.

When hunting hills, it's better to hunt higher (on the hill) than you might think.

Don't let those cool days between Oct 20 - 31 go to waste. I regret not hunting those days because I had Nov 3 - 13 off and was focused on those.

Have good equipment that will keep you in the stand and comfortable!

The same areas "heat up' at the same time every year. Bucks follow the same paths on the same days in successive years. Use that to your advantage.

Deer actually move in daylight on MI public land. Haha! But you literally have to be so deep in the woods/thick where no one has hunted or even stepped foot.

Confidence is key. If you don't have full confidence in your spot(s), it's hard to get out of bed day after day, and stay on stand for hours when nothing seems to be moving. But it'll happen if it is truly a great spot.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”