Bouncing around during rut?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

checkerfred
500 Club

Bouncing around during rut?

Unread postby checkerfred » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:21 am

Dan, you mentioned that you hunt buck bedding early in the morning during rut and then I think you said sit a funnel or doe bedding from mid morning until around 2 then back to buck bedding. How do you do this time wise? I often have a long walk in the woods and then to switch to a different area I might have a 15-30 minute drive plus more time walking in and setting up, then same for the evening. Or are you staying in the same area and just moving slightly?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Bouncing around during rut?

Unread postby dan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:46 am

checkerfred wrote:Dan, you mentioned that you hunt buck bedding early in the morning during rut and then I think you said sit a funnel or doe bedding from mid morning until around 2 then back to buck bedding. How do you do this time wise? I often have a long walk in the woods and then to switch to a different area I might have a 15-30 minute drive plus more time walking in and setting up, then same for the evening. Or are you staying in the same area and just moving slightly?

When I hunt like that its in the same woods... Usually don't drive away, or only drive a short distance.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”