A fun Hunt

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wlog
500 Club

Re: A fun Hunt

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Thanks for sharing! Nice footage Joe. Looking at the trailcam pic and the video, I'm kind of thinking those are two different bucks. Any possibility? Trailcam picture looks like a bigger bodies deer. Could just be me.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
vermonthunter16
500 Club

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Very cool... Brings to mind a cedar swamp on family owned property that nobody goes into because "there is no way deer are going to be there..." You may have just connected some dots for me!
-Rick
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:31 am

Love it and glad you shared it!

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:49 am

Wlog wrote:Thanks for sharing! Nice footage Joe. Looking at the trailcam pic and the video, I'm kind of thinking those are two different bucks. Any possibility? Trailcam picture looks like a bigger bodies deer. Could just be me.

That's the exact reason that I ended up taking the shot a bit too late. If my camera would have been in focus, I would know if he had those inch long g4's. I kept trying to figure out if he had them or if he was an 8 point. I dont think I will ever know.

Would you guys say that they body of the one in the film is that of a 2.5 year old? If so, then they are different deer.
kripp53

Unread postby kripp53 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:59 am

Great hunt, thanks for sharing!
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:46 am

PredatorTC wrote:
Wlog wrote:Thanks for sharing! Nice footage Joe. Looking at the trailcam pic and the video, I'm kind of thinking those are two different bucks. Any possibility? Trailcam picture looks like a bigger bodies deer. Could just be me.

That's the exact reason that I ended up taking the shot a bit too late. If my camera would have been in focus, I would know if he had those inch long g4's. I kept trying to figure out if he had them or if he was an 8 point. I dont think I will ever know.

Would you guys say that they body of the one in the film is that of a 2.5 year old? If so, then they are different deer.

Kind of what I was thinking. I thought it looked like a younger deer in the video body wise. Also seemed like a little smaller frame on the rack. Hard to tell on the antlers for sure but that was my impression when I watched. If you knew for sure it wasn't the bigger buck would you go back in and give it another chance?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:32 am

Wlog wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:

Kind of what I was thinking. I thought it looked like a younger deer in the video body wise. Also seemed like a little smaller frame on the rack. Hard to tell on the antlers for sure but that was my impression when I watched. If you knew for sure it wasn't the bigger buck would you go back in and give it another chance?

With all this being said, I will probably hunt it again soon. I want to give it a few days and see what happens on camera.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
trapper57
500 Club

Unread postby trapper57 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:01 am

Very cool encounter.
I think that is a different buck by looking at the beam length.
The one on the trail cam is definitely bigger with longer beams.
Real nice buck.

Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:14 am

Thanks for sharing. Most people can't slow down that much when heading into the tree. This is a reminder for me to slow down on some sets. Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image
James
500 Club

Unread postby James » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:35 am

I was thinking different buck Joe. Your film looked like a smaller 2yo to me. Trail cam buck struck me as different and bigger.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”