Among Great Beasts

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cbay
500 Club

Among Great Beasts

Unread postby cbay » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:47 am

Dan mentioned in a thread recently that we are among great hunters here and that it could go unnoticed if a person wasn't paying attention.
That resonated with me enough that i thought it would be good to bring it up again. Maybe some don't realize, maybe others just need to be reminded.
There is so much knowledge shared on here, powerful stuff, and it can easily be taken for granted if we don't stop and think about how much experience is shared from a star studded line up of hunters!
When i slow down and think on some of the stuff shared on here it can take on a ton of meaning if i consider the years of experience and accomplishments of the person sharing.
Makes a very humble fellow Beast feel lucky. Thank You.

Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
Dewey

Re: Among Great Beasts

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:57 am

I agree and if your not paying attention and asking questions you are missing out on so much. The level of knowledge here is unbelievable and I learn something new every single day. Some guys get to a level where they think they know it all but reality is they have no idea how little they actually do know. My only goal is to be a student every single day of my life.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:57 am

Some true Pros here for sure. Best of the best. I'm still in the little league phase, slow progessor.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:29 am

Well said, and I couldn't agree more. Happy I found the BEAST when I did.

I often wish I'd had a resource like the BEAST sooner to help shorten the learning curve, but still very grateful to all those that make this site as valuable as it is.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:41 am

It is hard to comprehend sometimes. To put things into perspective go to any other hunting site and stay awhile. You will then realize what a great site the Beast is. Sometimes members don't like the micro managed policing, but man, a tight ship is a well run ship.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:26 am

Dewey wrote:I agree and if your not paying attention and asking questions you are missing out on so much. The level of knowledge here is unbelievable and I learn something new every single day. [glow=red]Some guys get to a level where they think they know it all[/glow]but reality is they have no idea how little they actually do know. My only goal is to be a student every single day of my life.

Among the many great attributes of this site is that there seem to be almost no "know it alls" on here. There are 15-20 regulars here that its pretty easy to see are as good of whitetail hunters as there are, and not one of them seems like they aren't still looking to get better. These are the guys that I do everything I can not to miss a post from.

Agree with some of the other comments, it's truly an incredible humbling place.
BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:28 am

I've said it before but the knowledge found here is just incredible. I've started writing alot of stuff down in a journal just for the sheer amount of information found here and the quality of it. I am still in the minor leagues compared to alot of guys here but due to all I've learned I feel as though I'm playing triple A ball hoping to get call up to the bigs soon ;). The wealth of information here has really boosted my confidence as well and that really helps in staying focused and having great hunting experiences.

AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
Lastcast#1

Unread postby Lastcast#1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:02 am

Many have repeatedly posted thankyous for the information shared on this site. I am no different..So thankyou again to ALL of the members..

No doubt, the best of the best..One thing I would like to mention is the impact on new hunters like myself..For the experienced folks out there, dont ever underestimate this..Its HUGE..And appreciated to no end..Its a very important aspect of this site..The new hunter can come on here and feel comfortable asking questions...Its part of what makes this site unique...

Regards,

Chad

xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Can't agree more and I know personally that I've grown so much as a hunter because of the generosity of Dan and the fellow Beasts on here sharing their techniques for getting the job done. One of the best things I've learned is that there isn't any magic "pixie dust" that's going to get you consistently killing big bucks outside of the rut; it simply translates into hard work and being willing to do more and learn more and walk farther and scout harder than the next guy.

Bottom line is that it's hard work and I think that's what makes the Beast members so great is that we all share in that same work ethic. I'm sure there's been many people that have created profiles on here to access the threads and learn the "secrets" and got discouraged by the amount of work it takes and left and haven't been back. If you aren't willing to do the work, you can read all the threads you want but you still won't be killing big bucks consistently.

The Beast is the best ever and I can't believe that I've been a member for 5 years. Incredible.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:39 pm

I've learned a lot from many here. I'm glad to have stumbled onto this site a couple of years ago.

JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Stanley wrote:It is hard to comprehend sometimes. To put things into perspective go to any other hunting site and stay awhile. You will then realize what a great site the Beast is. Sometimes members don't like the micro managed policing, but man, a tight ship is a well run ship.

Perfectly put Stan. Thank you to Dan, yourself, and all the other mods for keeping this place classy. And the collective knowledge is unequaled.

I have said it before - before I found the Beast, I would not believe anyone who said there was a hunting forum that wasn't at least half full of fanboys or trolls. These days I wouldn't spent two minutes in those kinda places.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:08 pm

It's without a doubt the best place online to learn how to become a better bowhunter. A treasure trove of big buck hunting is available at your finger tips 24/7/365.

RidgeReaper

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Pretty cool place for sure...I think about it often! I listen to podcasts every day from the beast and wired to hunt or wherever else I can find them while I'm driving to and from work and what not. Some podcasts mention stuff like this a bit. I read a ton of nonsense on facebook and social media and it seems to me that this place is the only place a guy can go to learn from true masters of the trade! Guys start up facebook profiles to get people talking and it seems like nobody knows anything or people just bash each other constantly. I stumbled across the beast 4yrs ago and Ive been on it daily or weekly since. You really cant find a resource like this one anywhere else in the social media network! Thanks to all of you guys and especially Dan for starting all of this!
BACKSTRAPALIEN

Unread postby BACKSTRAPALIEN » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:20 pm

I love that it's a tight run ship here. The respectfull nature of the Beast is as important as the knowledge shared to me. This site has changed the way I hunt forever. Thank you to all the people grinding behind the scenes. Long Live the Beast!

tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:45 pm

I agree 100% with everything said here! I try to absorb as much information as I can every day! I just wish I could of found this place a bunch of years ago!

Thanks to Dan for getting the whole thing started!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”