Drought

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Eprotz4412

Drought

Unread postby Eprotz4412 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Can anyone tell me what effect drought has on deer movement? We are 14 inches below are yearly rainfall average. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the situation.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

IkemanTx
500 Club

Re: Drought

Unread postby IkemanTx » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:10 pm

Makes water source sits a gold mine..... especially during the rut. If water is scarce, and you have a permanent source, sit on it all day.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
Eprotz4412

Unread postby Eprotz4412 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:58 am

Thank you

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:04 am

I'd also say whether it helps or hurts is specific to location. I'm on the WI/IL border and we are very dry, but still enough water around that they won't have to go too far to find a source. What it appears to have done for me so far is make some areas other hunters aren't interested in going more accessible. Also has made some areas usually under water viable bedding, which is making it a little harder pattern things, in particular related to past scouting. In an area where a drought really limits water sources, that could be dynamite for pushing deer towards the few sources there are.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”