How much $ does it really take

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Edcyclopedia

Re: How much $ does it really take

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:13 am

[glow=red]Price per pound of Venison - OUTRAGEOUS![/glow]

Killing your own food & providing décor for your home - PRICELESS!!!

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:18 am

Just this offseason I purchased a spotting scope $400, xop tree stand $130 + shipping, new climbing sticks $120 and parts for my old climbing sticks, New strings and cables for compound $100, along with miscellaneous arrow building supplies. Buying two licenses for two states this weekend. I'm sure there's something I'm leaving out.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:24 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:[glow=red]Price per pound of Venison - OUTRAGEOUS![/glow]

Killing your own food & providing décor for your home - PRICELESS!!!

I'm always teasing my wife about hanging my next mount right over the headboard of our bed. She's not amused but I sure do get a kick out of it.

Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:30 am

Almost forgot my two biggest hunting expenditures this year!

$525

$800

What can I say, I enjoy the finer things in life.

Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Unread postby Jrichard » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:35 am

I can't seem to put a price on happiness. Do I spend a lot of money? Oh yeah. But am I enjoying every minute I am out there? yes. I used to buy video games and sit on my but and waste my days away. Now I found something that allows me to get out and enjoy the outdoors. And I can do it as much or as little as I want for as little or as much money as I want. I am not staring at a TV screen all day and all night And going to work on 3 hours of sleep everyday. Everyone has control over how much they wanna spend and what you want to spend it on. But honestly, I would be happier putting myself deep into debt hunting (if that's what it took) then I would be going to work, Going home to play video games, and then going to bed everyday (and repeat). And waking up to do the same thing so that I can save some money. I love this. I have been doing this for 2 yearns and I am hooked. There are some conservancies that allow bow hunting and even when the season ends I take the dog and walk the trails. If I see some sign crossing the path I'll take him on a little adventure. If not, then we will go to a different place to look for some sign. Even though the season is only a few months, you can do everything all year except for actually hunt obviously. But being outside and wondering around is just amazing.

And I will tell you one thing. Watching that sun rise in the morning and/or fall at night is better than staring at any high definition TV for hours on end.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”