Great tool for private land. First time with saw...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Great tool for private land. First time with saw...

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu May 26, 2016 3:55 am

Good write up. They say a chainsaw is the deers best friend

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Thu May 26, 2016 5:54 am

I have a Honda 2000 generator and an electric extension trimmer (chain saw on a stick) from Harbor Freight. That's my idea of trimming areas! Nice N quiet so no-one knows you are up to anything.

I'd use a battery powered one if I had it.
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Fri May 27, 2016 2:19 am

Tufrthnails wrote:Just a heads up a battery powered sawzall works great for trimming as well. My Dewalt got some work last year small game season in a few places I found on a buddies lease.

That is what I use with pruning blades and extra batteries

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
May-39

Unread postby May-39 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:31 pm

Lithium batteries need to be warm. Carry them inside your jacket in the winter and you can rotate a couple and get a lot more energy out of them.

If you guys haven't purchased or used a corona curved blade pruning saw, you owe it to yourself to buy one, You can get them at home depot now (Usually) they will cut like nobodies business with a fresh blade...SCARY sharp, Very fast on things 6" and under. I also use mine as machete on twig size stuff. Blades aren't that much,,I buy 2-3/ year and always have at least one left over.
Eberhart turned me on to them, boy was he right.

I carry mine in the leather scabbard made for it, the scabbard is attached to the right side strap of my scouting pack, it's always right there yet never in the way.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”