Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
mainebowhunter
500 Club
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:45 am
Status: Offline

Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Tue May 17, 2016 2:50 pm

Looks like I will be all set for KS 2016. Was a bit worried with the way the tags have been selling over the last couple of years.
Cannot wait. Looks like that area of KS has seen some rain. So its not a dry spring. All we need is to keep the EHD at bay and we should be in for a great season.


User avatar
oldrank
Posts: 5560
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:32 am
Location: USA
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby oldrank » Tue May 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Nice Maine!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
User avatar
Jackson Marsh
Moderator
Posts: 16586
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Online

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue May 17, 2016 3:02 pm

:dance:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
User avatar
Dewey
Moderator
Posts: 31965
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby Dewey » Tue May 17, 2016 3:08 pm

8-)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
User avatar
tbunao
500 Club
Posts: 2512
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:54 am
Location: Montana
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby tbunao » Tue May 17, 2016 10:35 pm

A Ks big boy is in big big trouble!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mainebowhunter
500 Club
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:45 am
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Tue May 17, 2016 11:13 pm

tbunao wrote:A Ks big boy is in big big trouble!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image


There were 4 bucks I was hunting last year. Killed one of them. The other three, if they made it. They are going to be smashers. Be interesting to see which bucks made it.
User avatar
DaveT1963
500 Club
Posts: 4886
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:27 am
Location: South
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:54 pm

Throw a whiff in KS - Still have one more elk and a trad only area draw and then I am done. So far looks Like 1 week early season in Washington, 1 week Nov rut hunt in Ohio and Tex & Ok for me this year.
User avatar
seazofcheeze
500 Club
Posts: 3139
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed May 18, 2016 12:32 am

How do you find out results? Thus is the first year I put in for Kansas and I'm not sure how to check. I assumed they sent an email? Let me in on the secret!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
mainebowhunter
500 Club
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:45 am
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Wed May 18, 2016 1:14 am

seazofcheeze wrote:How do you find out results? Thus is the first year I put in for Kansas and I'm not sure how to check. I assumed they sent an email? Let me in on the secret!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image


https://www.ks.wildlifelicense.com/results_lookup.php
mainebowhunter
500 Club
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:45 am
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Wed May 18, 2016 1:18 am

Only 600 leftover tags this year. Compare that to 4,395 leftover tags in 2011.
User avatar
MOBIGBUCKS
Posts: 3001
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:21 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Wed May 18, 2016 2:28 am

mainebowhunter wrote:Only 600 leftover tags this year. Compare that to 4,395 leftover tags in 2011.


Crossbow inclusion has driven the demand up even more the last couple years.
User avatar
seazofcheeze
500 Club
Posts: 3139
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed May 18, 2016 2:48 am

I drew a tag, bucks beware, killers on the loose fall 2016!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
mainebowhunter
500 Club
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:45 am
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Wed May 18, 2016 3:48 am

MOBIGBUCKS wrote:
mainebowhunter wrote:Only 600 leftover tags this year. Compare that to 4,395 leftover tags in 2011.


Crossbow inclusion has driven the demand up even more the last couple years.


Yep. That is what we think. Also, the economy is better, gas is cheap. Demand is higher. EHD was in 2012. Deer have had a chance to recover.
User avatar
MOBIGBUCKS
Posts: 3001
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:21 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Draw Results Are in. Here we go KS 2016!

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Wed May 18, 2016 3:57 am

mainebowhunter wrote:
MOBIGBUCKS wrote:
mainebowhunter wrote:Only 600 leftover tags this year. Compare that to 4,395 leftover tags in 2011.


Crossbow inclusion has driven the demand up even more the last couple years.


Yep. That is what we think. Also, the economy is better, gas is cheap. Demand is higher. EHD was in 2012. Deer have had a chance to recover.



Very true. I forgot about the fuel cost being down. Lost of factors for sure.


  • Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LLL and 13 guests