Chapter 4 Swamp Bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Josh_S
500 Club

Re: Chapter 4 Swamp Bedding

Unread postby Josh_S » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Miohhunter wrote:So. Going to a new swamp to scout for the first time. Where should I start?

How soon before your season starts? Getting this close to hunting season you may be better off quietly going in with your stand on your back and hunting THAT SAME EVENING. Look for sign and exit trails coming out of what has the features of bedding and as they say on here "throw a stand at it". Don't back track, when you feel you are where you need to be stop and set up. Don't think you failed if you don't kill a buck on that first sit, learn from the hunt and build off of it.

nanookodanorth

Unread postby nanookodanorth » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Just ordered the swamp hunting video! Can't wait to watch it!
I'm probably thinking about big bucks right now!
sir_tob

Unread postby sir_tob » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Miohhunter wrote:So. Going to a new swamp to scout for the first time. Where should I start?

Dan covers this very well and in detail. Worth every penny... in fact he's under charging.

I'm getting to use it on private land this year that adjoins public. The landowners son picked up bowhunting this year and cut off my access to the best buck marsh... oh well, it's his land. He'll never kill the buck though, he's hunting a food plot and in their every day ... .young kid. I'm going to buy him a set from Dan.

The other side of the property has potential although he's got some cams over there, I'm hoping a bigger buck comes off the neighbors property.. I'm hitting some other public as well in the area and have some beds located that I'm hitting on the winds dan talks about in the DVDs...
wwridgerunner

Unread postby wwridgerunner » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:05 pm

really great video,
Jaff50
Facebook: Jeff Collins

Unread postby Jaff50 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:09 am

I am looking at buying the DVDs and wondering what I should purchase first. I am in eastern NC (Fort Bragg) the land has some rolling hills, some marsh and not much swamp. The hills are pretty small for the most part and training constantly pushes the deer around. After reading here though I feel like the swamp bedding video just has to much good info to pass on. I was thinking maybe 1. Hill bedding 2. Marsh bedding 3. Swamp bedding. What do you guys think. Keep in mind I am a rookie hunter.
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:49 am

Jaff50 wrote:I am looking at buying the DVDs and wondering what I should purchase first. I am in eastern NC (Fort Bragg) the land has some rolling hills, some marsh and not much swamp. The hills are pretty small for the most part and training constantly pushes the deer around. After reading here though I feel like the swamp bedding video just has to much good info to pass on. I was thinking maybe 1. Hill bedding 2. Marsh bedding 3. Swamp bedding. What do you guys think. Keep in mind I am a rookie hunter.

I would buy all of them, you can learn something that relates to your area from any of them. I hunt a lot of flat farm land and picked up a lot of info from the hill country videos.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:22 am

I think they will all help you, but maybe start with swamp and if you like the content get the rest?
Jaff50

Unread postby Jaff50 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:12 am

Jhand wrote:
Jaff50 wrote:I am looking at buying the DVDs and wondering what I should purchase first. I am in eastern NC (Fort Bragg) the land has some rolling hills, some marsh and not much swamp. The hills are pretty small for the most part and training constantly pushes the deer around. After reading here though I feel like the swamp bedding video just has to much good info to pass on. I was thinking maybe 1. Hill bedding 2. Marsh bedding 3. Swamp bedding. What do you guys think. Keep in mind I am a rookie hunter.

I would buy all of them, you can learn something that relates to your area from any of them. I hunt a lot of flat farm land and picked up a lot of info from the hill country videos.

dan wrote:I think they will all help you, but maybe start with swamp and if you like the content get the rest?

I appreciate it guys. I just ordered Swamp bedding and Hill country based on your recommendations.
tkelite35

Unread postby tkelite35 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:41 am

Chapter 4= swamp bedding
Chapter 3= Marsh Bedding
What are Chapter 1 and 2 focus and are there more chapters after 5=hillcountry?

Thanks, Tom
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:45 am

tkelite35 wrote:Chapter 4= swamp bedding
Chapter 3= Marsh Bedding
What are Chapter 1 and 2 focus and are there more chapters after 5=hillcountry?

Thanks, Tom

1 and 2 will focus on the introduction and about bed hunting. They are not done yet. Yes there are more after 5... We are working on farm bedding, bigwoods, river bottom, and urban... AFTER THAT A RUT SECTION, AND set ups, and tactics in more detail.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:59 am

Im just saying buy them all i have all of them but hilltops cause it so flat here
The videos are the best ive ever watched and actually
Your gonna end up buying them anyway so buy them
Im actually going to workshop too. In january
tkelite35

Unread postby tkelite35 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:00 am

I will be, but getting them to Canada is proving challenging!
Thanks, Tom
Jaff50

Unread postby Jaff50 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:37 am

Dan I wanted to thank you for the advice. I have swamp bedding and hill country bucks and have watched them both several times already. I do have one thing to ask though about ordering the other DVDs. I'm deployed right now and am not able to select an APO AE address to have them sent to. Can I input the address as a comment and have it shipped that way?
SmallJawNH

Unread postby SmallJawNH » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:27 am

I have all four dvds and I hope swamp bedding will help me the most. I just moved to Dallas, TX from New Hampshire and it is very flat. There is only a small amount of public and of the public that's here Army Corps of Engineers owns most of it and they're flood control areas.

Is there anything in particular in the DVD that I should pay extra attention to? Some of the land is almost two hours from where I live so scouting trips need to be structured to make them count.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:19 pm

Jaff50 wrote:Dan I wanted to thank you for the advice. I have swamp bedding and hill country bucks and have watched them both several times already. I do have one thing to ask though about ordering the other DVDs. I'm deployed right now and am not able to select an APO AE address to have them sent to. Can I input the address as a comment and have it shipped that way?

Pm Carol and she will help you.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”