Home....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Re: Home....

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:59 am

whitetailassasin wrote:
Sam Ubl wrote:I guess I'm a little distracted by this thread and the public criticism of some young guys doing what they love and sharing it with the public, albeit opening yourself up to the public eye invites criticism. I'll offer this key point...

• You're putting yourself on a pedestal by criticizing another who attempted to do the same thing you're setting off to do. Be humble.

I had to shake my head at the comment earlier pointing out a shaky lens in the production. You should have been with me on opening day of Wisconsin's firearms season operating the camera in 25-MPH winds during a wet blizzard snowfall. Even the steadiest of hands can't avoid a shaky lens filming with fingers exposed to dial in the zoom, focus, and record button during conditions like that. I suppose the semi-shaky footage was less distracting then getting motion sick had we kept the camera locked onto the Hunting Beast Camera Arm I had set up on that swinging tree no thanks to the wind.

I, too, enjoy joining the hunter on the path he/she took to get there in addition to the actual kill and recovery, but it's not for everyone. MWP chose a path of producing more along the lines of entertainment. While it had a couple of you leaving early from the screening, it had the majority clapping and entertained. Point is, you can't please everyone.

One more thing to consider is that success is far less likely to be repeated based on pure luck. It seems unfair to suggest those young guys had no intel on the bucks they were hunting, paid no mind to the wind, only sat pre-hung sets, and as if no work, scouting or pre-planning went into those hunts. It also seems unnecessary to film a guy checking the wind on each and every hunt. Like, "Hey, there goes another milkweed seed", or "Hey, can you record me squeezing this wind checker tube of powder"? Yawn... What's with the need to prove you "know what you're doing" just because you share your hunt on film? Isn't it proof in the pudding when you see them score on a successful hunt? What's more sad is that to some public opinion, the hunt isn't successful unless the buck is overly impressive.

I suppose the idea of publicly bashing a production will only draw comparisons to that of your own. There are better ways of holding ones self accountable to be "better".

First of all I didn't once mention anyone's name on here or in any of my posts. I gave my opinion as well as the opinion of my partner. Seems you are "friends" of such guys, how would you know who clapped or whatnot. We stayed until the end and where there. You completely have no clue what your talking about and have a biased opinion. And I'll refrain from getting into this with you because every point I brought up was valid and not only my own but someone watching the same thing as we did. I'm not at all putting myself on a pedestal nor do I want any acclaim. I want to do this to help people, and I feel I can. You sir can shake your head and think what you want, your entitled to do so. But your need to come on this thread and state your opinion, completely contradicts your stance because I was giving my opinion as well and not once did i mention who it was or anything of that nature, but you sir decided to personally attack me publicly. Anytine you want to have a discussion with me you can pm me or call I'll give you my direct line. I stand behind my comments and I can tell you because I spoke with the president and also his right hand man, and they had no clue about thermals, map reading, and many other things. Not once in that video was there anything I feel could help the average person kill a deer or public land. I heard statements from this young man and judged for myself based on his points of view and asked questions after the video to hear his answers. Maybe next time you decide to jump into this discussion you will come properly prepared.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

whitetailassasin wrote:[glow=red]Bayshore sent me a text saying if there's an intermission lets go! I was literally texting the same thing![/glow]I won a hat(womens pink I gave to a littke girl)and tshirt, I gave both away one to a little girl the shirt back to the president when I told him we weren't interested in joining them. He asked why, and I said you really don't want to know. He said no really...so I told him...he looked at me with a blank stare and snobbishly said I'd like to see you guys do it better. A part of me wanted to fire back with some pictures of deer and information, or even with how shaky there footage was but I simply said you guys just aren't what we are looking for. [glow=red]I barely got out the door and Bayshore and I started laughing and just pointing out things[/glow]. A little buck they shot, bad shot, died in a classic bed, you could see the rubs, downed tree behind and the actual bed...we noticed it immediately, they had no clue. That's what Dan Infalt and the BEAST has done to two Michigan boys(and many more all over). I just feel blessed!![ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Really, I don't know anyone from MWP personally, but it wasn't hard to figure out with the reference to Michigan by someone and the live screening. I wouldn't jump to so many conclusions all at once. I think it's best if you pump the breaks and try to understand the point here. I think it's great you're setting out to do something great with filming and that you were able to take away from someone elses production what you could see angles of doing differently, but it's not cool to call anyone out and I think the post above sums up what you're denying pretty well. Case closed?

Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:07 am

Well sir Bayshore and I stayed until the end. And if you don't know then how did you know people clapped, etc at the end of the premiere. Did you also read how I gave a little girl the hat and tshirt back. That was because we stayed until the end. The text he sent me and I was thinking the same doesn't mean we left, was just saying how we felt. Also when we walked out at the end of the premier and also after I spoke to them we did laugh and talk about it. Maybe you should follow your own instructions and pump the breaks. And I don't think it was obvious for anyone to know it was MWP because who would know that? I never mentioned it, but you assumed right, but had no clue of who they are but then said everyone clapped and enjoyed the show? :think: I'm pretty sure my assumptions where spot on. You came at me, also commented and said things that either you where there or knew someone from there, etc. and attacked me personally. You opened it up, jumped in on this and I'm going to respond in kind. Consider the brakes not pumped but slammed Mr Ubl

Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:12 am

I knew people were clapping because you said they were. I knew they were premiering because it was advertised elsewhere. I'm not here to argue, buddy.

whitetailassasin wrote:Bayshorebucks8 and I went to a hunting movie premiere today, one to see how these guys hunt/ tactics, and two because there was some interest in filming our hunts. They advertised public and all Michigan, some private. Well let me tell you something, I'm glad I'm a BEAST! Bayshore and I basically just pointed out so many incorrect things we saw. No mobile stands, all private, no thermal or true wind attention, not knowing the bedding "or where deer come from", trying to say that deer that were clearly 1.5-2.5 as 3.5-4.5 year olds. It was horrible. I would never want to associate myself with guys of this caliber. It was pitiful. Horrible unethical shots and lost deer. [glow=red]People were clapping and acting like these guys where amazing[/glow]. And they were talking about how hard Michigan is to kill mature deer in, which is true, but they were posing as successful at doing it. There was no knowledge of any deer killed, no knowledge of scouting or even how they kill deer. We both walked away from that experience and laughed. You couldn't tell these guys anything because they already knew it all, except they knew nothing. It just made us realize we are apart of some of the realist killers and best hunters I've ever known or seen. For those of you who don't realize what you have here, spend some time listening or watching others. I'm blessed and honored to be among you all. One of many things I've learned from Dan is, he doesn't dance because everyone says dance, he did it his way, and held to his beliefs and tactics even when I'm sure many poo poo'd it. Standing for something he believes in and never selling out. I thankful to have mentors like that here. I'll always be a BEAST, this is home. Just wanted to say this. P.s. We politely told them no thank you!

Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:21 am

Sam Ubl wrote:I knew people were clapping because you said they were. I knew they were premiering because it was advertised elsewhere. I'm not here to argue, buddy.

whitetailassasin wrote:Bayshorebucks8 and I went to a hunting movie premiere today, one to see how these guys hunt/ tactics, and two because there was some interest in filming our hunts. They advertised public and all Michigan, some private. Well let me tell you something, I'm glad I'm a BEAST! Bayshore and I basically just pointed out so many incorrect things we saw. No mobile stands, all private, no thermal or true wind attention, not knowing the bedding "or where deer come from", trying to say that deer that were clearly 1.5-2.5 as 3.5-4.5 year olds. It was horrible. I would never want to associate myself with guys of this caliber. It was pitiful. Horrible unethical shots and lost deer. [glow=red]People were clapping and acting like these guys where amazing[/glow]. And they were talking about how hard Michigan is to kill mature deer in, which is true, but they were posing as successful at doing it. There was no knowledge of any deer killed, no knowledge of scouting or even how they kill deer. We both walked away from that experience and laughed. You couldn't tell these guys anything because they already knew it all, except they knew nothing. It just made us realize we are apart of some of the realist killers and best hunters I've ever known or seen. For those of you who don't realize what you have here, spend some time listening or watching others. I'm blessed and honored to be among you all. One of many things I've learned from Dan is, he doesn't dance because everyone says dance, he did it his way, and held to his beliefs and tactics even when I'm sure many poo poo'd it. Standing for something he believes in and never selling out. I thankful to have mentors like that here. I'll always be a BEAST, this is home. Just wanted to say this. P.s. We politely told them no thank you!

I will disagree with your statement of your not here to argue buddy, because your first initial response was exactly that way and how it came off. Another thing you don't know is leading up to the premiere we emailed back and forth and what his description of how they hunted and what they were about didn't match the product out there. I also sent him an email after the show and thanked him for invited us out and also for considering to add us to there crew, but it wasn't for us. There is a lot you obviously don't know before you threw out your opinion. Like I stated before everything I said was valid week the shaky footage which was not with freezing weather or super windy out it was just bad videoing, and it was in reference to his telling me id like to see you do it better statement. And in a room full of family and friends I should have known to expect the clapping etc.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 am

Come on guys this isn't Archery Talk (aka Argue Talk)

We appreciate both of your views but arguing back and forth like this isn't good for any of us. Probably better to discuss things like this in PM's and hash it out.

Personal attacks tend to hurt feelings. We are all guilty of this (including myself) from time to time but moving forward we all need to improve on this by keeping it off the forums. Disagreements are fine and healthy to see both views but not when we start throwing out borderline insults. Thank You.

Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:16 am

it is what it is. If ya don't like it don't watch it.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Joe™
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:37 am

I think some guys are missing the point of the thread. I used a premiere I saw to relate it to what I consider hunting and why I appreciate this site so much and it's knowledge. I gave my opinions of why I didn't like the premiere and why I wouldn't want to it that way for myself. I'm no big bad hunter or filmed, I've never filmed anything yet. But I've always a wanted to and I'm enthusiastic about doing it, but in a manner that doesn't seek recognition, fame or money. I just want to help the average guys and address a issue I feel the hunting industry in fliming tries to pass off as what most of us do. I don't want people waiting in expectation of what I'm going to do, or watching to see how good or bad it is. One thing it won't be is fake, and it won't be trying to sell a gimmick. It will be the real deal, and will attempt to show folks why it was done that way so that way they might be able to take a thing or two, try it and help there aresenal. I agree with what you said Dewey, but I was careful not to name names, but comment off what I saw as well as a fellow beast member, I didn't attack anyone specifically. That was done to me and it was offensive. Any person willing to attack me publically better be able to expect a response. And if you keep coming at me, I'm not going to lay down a tuck tail as you incorrectly diagnosis what you think you know. I'm sorry this thread turned into what it was because that wasn't at all how it was created for.

ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:49 am

So you start a thread bashing some one else's hunting videos and how you could do better and haven't even tried it yet?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:50 am

I am interested in checking it out now though.

and maybe when you know what your talking about we can compare theirs to yours.

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:59 am

ozzz wrote:So you start a thread bashing some one else's hunting videos and how you could do better and haven't even tried it yet?

So because I haven't videoed before that means as a viewer I don't know what I'm talking about or I can't recognize bad work, I didn't say I could do it better either. I said he told me he'd like to see me try and I said I think I can at least produce shaky footage. I think we've all saw enough movies, or hunting DVDs to recognize one when it's poorly done, or bad acting? I've never been an actor or a movie producer, therefore I can't say it was bad then either eh? :think:

Last edited by whitetailassasin on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:01 am

ozzz wrote:I am interested in checking it out now though.

and maybe when you know what your talking about we can compare theirs to yours.

I will appreciate your professional opinion when that time comes ozzz

ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:19 am

You are insinuating you can do it better by talking about how you want to film and bashing them. If you didn't think you could do it better why try?

Sounds like you would have fit in pretty good with these guys.

What's the name?

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:22 am

whitetailassasin wrote:Bayshorebucks8 and I went to a hunting movie premiere today, one to see how these guys hunt/ tactics, and two because there was some interest in filming our hunts. They advertised public and all Michigan, some private. Well let me tell you something, I'm glad I'm a BEAST! Bayshore and I basically just pointed out so many incorrect things we saw. No mobile stands, all private, no thermal or true wind attention, not knowing the bedding "or where deer come from", trying to say that deer that were clearly 1.5-2.5 as 3.5-4.5 year olds. It was horrible. I would never want to associate myself with guys of this caliber. It was pitiful. Horrible unethical shots and lost deer. People were clapping and acting like these guys where amazing. And they were talking about how hard Michigan is to kill mature deer in, which is true, but they were posing as successful at doing it. There was no knowledge of any deer killed, no knowledge of scouting or even how they kill deer. We both walked away from that experience and laughed. You couldn't tell these guys anything because they already knew it all, except they knew nothing. It just made us realize we are apart of some of the realist killers and best hunters I've ever known or seen. For those of you who don't realize what you have here, spend some time listening or watching others. I'm blessed and honored to be among you all. One of many things I've learned from Dan is, he doesn't dance because everyone says dance, he did it his way, and held to his beliefs and tactics even when I'm sure many poo poo'd it. Standing for something he believes in and never selling out. I thankful to have mentors like that here. I'll always be a BEAST, this is home. Just wanted to say this. P.s. We politely told them no thank you!

Apparently to you ozzz, you got I started a thread to just bash these guys. When the title of the thread eludes you as well as the last half of my original post that started the thread, and how I pointed out what they were advertising in contrast to what the product was as well as the info i obtained from a pro staff in the movie who sat next to us and the president and Vice President after the premiere. Did you actually read the whole thread before you posted? I'm praising this site and how its members are and I'm glad I'm associated with the members here, and not with hunters like those we talked to and watched. I appreciate negative critics, but not ones whose comments are incorrect.

ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:23 am

It just comes off kind of bad when you are bashing someone who is try I trying to walk the walk and you are just talking the talk.

Best of luck if your this sensitive about it, you might need it

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:29 am

ozzz wrote:You are insinuating you can do it better by talking about how you want to film and bashing them. If you didn't think you could do it better why try?

Sounds like you would have fit in pretty good with these guys.

What's the name?

:lol: I'm insinuating by saying I'm interested in filming that I'm better, how does that make any sense ozzz?

"Bashing" them as it keeps getting put, about how they talked about being public, along with several other things they said but wasn't true, and how they came off is is what I'm criticizing. There wasn't one public hunt, as well as other things we witnessed in the video compared to what they told us.

I'd fit in with them eh ozzz? You got me I harvest all my deer of private, I lie about how I kill them, I hunt over bait, I don't hunt mobile, I shot 1.5 olds but say there mature, I can keep going if you like. You comments are ridiculous and a joke.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”