Looking for Kansas Help

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Goober

Looking for Kansas Help

Unread postby Goober » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:54 am

I am starting to plan a Kansas Archery hunt for 2011. I have never been to Kansas before, so I am wondering if anyone who has would be willing to point out some of the better DMU's to start looing at. I am not asking anyone to give up any hotspots, just hoping for a general direction. Wanting to find the DMU's with good buck potential and good public access. Thanks for any info, feel free to PM if you wish! Thanks again!

Goober

Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Re: Looking for Kasas Help

Unread postby Dor » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:22 am

Take a scouting trip in March. Start in one corner of the state hitting WIHA and public areas. When you get back decide where you want to go. Each unit has hot spots. Its your job to find them. Good luck.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Goober

Re: Looking for Kasas Help

Unread postby Goober » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:56 am

I wish that was an option this year, but it is out. Not being lazy, I just can't swing it. Dont have the time off or the $$. I will be spending lots of map time as well as some phone time after season with some wildlife officials. I am not trying to get out of the hard work, just hoping to narrow it down a little with some experience from a bunch of knowledgable hunters that we have here.
huntinnurse
500 Club

Re: Looking for Kansas Help

Unread postby huntinnurse » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Where do you live Goober? MAybe someone here might want to team up with you for KS or Nebraska and this could help ya with the scouting.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
Goober

Unread postby Goober » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:12 am

Good suggestion Huntinnurse! One I would be open to considering, but very cautiously. No offense to anyone here, but I am pretty leary of taking a trip like that with someone I don't know. I have been unhappy taking trip with people I do know, not alot of them want to work as hard as I do. But this would be the place to hook up with a serious hunter! Anyone who is open to the idea, lets talk!
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:11 am

Oh and goober, I didn't mean to sound harsh, the advice I gave you is just simply how I have located spots to hunt in KS, IA, etc.....

Good luck to you.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”