Trailcamera deals

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
JoeRE
500 Club

Re: Trailcamera deals

Unread postby JoeRE » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:12 am

phade wrote:I generally go by the $50 rule up to $200 for non-cell cams. For Every $50 you spend, getting 1 year of service is gravy.

$50 cheapo - 1yr
$100 - 2 yrs
$150- 3 yrs
$200+ 4 or more seasons

That's what I aim for - if I get three years of 365 days outside for a $200 cam, it's still pretty darn good performance given the heat, sun, rain, snow, and general abuse it takes to capture animal movements and give me reliable data when I am not in the woods. Tough part for me is owning a cam four years - I churn cams quite a bit just because getting newer models and testing them is something I enjoy.

I like that, pretty accurate rule of thumb phade.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:51 am

phade wrote:I generally go by the $50 rule up to $200 for non-cell cams. For Every $50 you spend, getting 1 year of service is gravy.

$50 cheapo - 1yr
$100 - 2 yrs
$150- 3 yrs
$200+ 4 or more seasons

That's what I aim for - if I get three years of 365 days outside for a $200 cam, it's still pretty darn good performance given the heat, sun, rain, snow, and general abuse it takes to capture animal movements and give me reliable data when I am not in the woods. Tough part for me is owning a cam four years - I churn cams quite a bit just because getting newer models and testing them is something I enjoy.

That's what it is all about. Doing what is fun and it also helps others in the process.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:12 am

1-day sale at Dicks...good til 10 PM eastern on April 28 - 50% off some cameras and stuff.

Midway has a Bushnell Trail Cam for $70.
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:55 pm

I buy about 5 Cameras a year and really search for the best deals. I'm kind of a Bushnell trophy cam person since I usually do research to find deals and pay around $60 to $80 for them. The last 3 years, eBay has been the best bet for me. There are a couple outdoor sellers that sell 500 to 1000 cameras at a time and they have some good deals.

Midway has a good deal on Covert MPE6 at $59. Anybody use these at all, I've been wanting to try coverts but heard some negative things lately. Anyone have any experience with this camera?
Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:16 pm

Some pretty good deals guys. Keep them coming. Im looking for some deals on a couple browning strike force cameras.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Wapiti

Unread postby Wapiti » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:12 pm

Has anyone seen the HCO Spartan GoCam (black flash, verizon) for less than $470?
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:17 am

Wapiti wrote:Has anyone seen the HCO Spartan GoCam (black flash, verizon) for less than $470?

Lots of places - what models you looking for? I know of a couple places in the 325-375 range.

I bought two ATT for $584 shipped a few weeks back.

Be careful on the Verizon models - there's four now. Two black and two Red. One is M2M and the other is Connect - Connect allows for the $5 plan. The M2M models are not as user friendly getting the $5 to work and my understanding is that it will take some back and forth with HCO to make it finally happen at the $5 rate. Needing Verizon is really the only reason why you should buy them however, as they are usually more expensive than the ATT version. The $5 monthly cost is nice, but after adding tax for most plans, it comes out to be $9/mo to use your own data, vs. $8.33 for ATT. Some people were thinking they'd recoup the extra cost of the cam over the course of the first year of ownership as compared to ATT, but that's actually false. I do believe there are certain scenarios where ATT or VZW is faster at upload/transmission, but it seems mixed based on all of the results I see, so the "needing" VZW is the only benefit in my book.

The Spartans are really pleasing. While not perfect by any means, its such a well thought out model and it actually works without a ton of frustration, which is the main barrier for most people who want this type of cam. I got a lot of use out of my Code Blacks, but Covert has a long way to go in my opinion comparing to these Spartans.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
Florida
500 Club
Facebook: facebook.com/huntinggeardeals

Unread postby Florida » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:28 am

Wapiti wrote:Has anyone seen the HCO Spartan GoCam (black flash, verizon) for less than $470?

This is the best I could find after looking for a few minutes. They charge an "insurance and handling" fee so the list price is deceiving, but still good.

http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/HCO-Outdoo ... 64785.html
http://www.huntinggeardeals.com
Co-Host Down South Hunting Podcast
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:54 am

Florida wrote:

This is the best I could find after looking for a few minutes. They charge an "insurance and handling" fee so the list price is deceiving, but still good.

Be careful - the part number they list is for a Sprint camera. Not Verizon.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
Florida
500 Club
Facebook: facebook.com/huntinggeardeals

Unread postby Florida » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:19 am

phade wrote:
Florida wrote:

Be careful - the part number they list is for a Sprint camera. Not Verizon.

I noticed the same thing. I'd call and ask.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.huntinggeardeals.com
Co-Host Down South Hunting Podcast
Wapiti

Unread postby Wapiti » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks guys. I'm specifically looking for Verizon Connect black flash (GC-VCTb). I found one on Ebay for $450, which is the best I've seen.
Voz

Unread postby Voz » Wed May 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Bigb wrote:I buy about 5 Cameras a year and really search for the best deals. I'm kind of a Bushnell trophy cam person since I usually do research to find deals and pay around $60 to $80 for them. The last 3 years, eBay has been the best bet for me. There are a couple outdoor sellers that sell 500 to 1000 cameras at a time and they have some good deals.

Midway has a good deal on Covert MPE6 at $59. Anybody use these at all, I've been wanting to try coverts but heard some negative things lately. Anyone have any experience with this camera?

I used one this past season. It did its job and I was pretty pleased with its performance. For $60 it's a great deal. I picked up three of them when I saw that price. Daytime pics are great while the nighttime ones aren't the best. They have great battery life and Covert is known for their great customer service. I can deal with the so so nighttime pics but the biggest downside you'll hear from people is the trigger speed. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
P&YBuck1
500 Club

Unread postby P&YBuck1 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Anyone see any of the cellular cameras come down in price anywhere? The ones I see are still over $4oo dollars.
ZSV
500 Club

Unread postby ZSV » Fri May 20, 2016 3:24 am

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/family/ ... ailCameras

I've never used these, but for $40 and free shipping they're worth a try.
Deal expires tonight 10 eastern.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”