Hill Country DVD question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
BowHusker

Hill Country DVD question

Unread postby BowHusker » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:48 pm

I just got done watching the Hill Country Bucks DVD and it was awesome! I do have a question about a comment Andrae made in the bonus feature.

He said the only way to hunt these buck beds in the morning was when the conditions were right and seemed to be talking about a moon phase that has them returning to bed a little late.

What moon phase is it that he is referring to? Is there other factors that influence a late bedding by a buck outside of the rut?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Hill Country DVD question

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:13 pm

Andrae is big on hunting moon o/h and u/f times. When the moon is o/h or u/f between an hour before daylight to and hour after, is when he has his best over bed hunts... Other factors I would look for would be evening showers and heavy storms that keep bucks off there routine that clear up later in the night putting the bucks on a later routine. Rut can also have them getting back in daylight... But the hardest part about killing one in the morning is they scent check the bed before coming in... Andrae usually sets up where they j-hook in from down wind.
BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:53 pm

Thanks Dan! That makes perfect sense and will definitely take that into consideration, especially the J-hook.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any plans for any future videos by chance? I know the Farm Country Bucks is basically a spin off of your techniques ( I haven't purchased it but have seen excerpts) but have you ever considered doing one for this type of terrain?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:51 pm

BowHusker wrote:Thanks Dan! That makes perfect sense and will definitely take that into consideration, especially the J-hook.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any plans for any future videos by chance? I know the Farm Country Bucks is basically a spin off of your techniques ( I haven't purchased it but have seen excerpts) but have you ever considered doing one for this type of terrain?

We are working on it right now... I will post something about where we are at shortly... I appreciate you not buying the farm video.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:34 am

dan wrote:
BowHusker wrote:Thanks Dan! That makes perfect sense and will definitely take that into consideration, especially the J-hook.

We are working on it right now... I will post something about where we are at shortly... I appreciate you not buying the farm video.

Dan any plans to perhaps do one on prairie/cattle country whitetails? Sure would be a big asset for us western dudes. I have some spots I'd offer up if you ever consider it and need to shoot some footage.
BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:52 am

dan wrote:

That's the best news I've heard all day!! Will be anxiously awaiting its release!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”