Meat aging question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Re: Meat aging question

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:23 am

I could NEVER EAT bloody meat!!!!

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
rancid crabtree

Unread postby rancid crabtree » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:27 am

I think you may confuse bloody meat with red meat. Archery killed deer are almost never bloody but the meat (if cooked rare) will always be red. That does not mean its bloody. That is just a confusion most folks have.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:34 am

rancid crabtree wrote:I think you may confuse bloody meat with red meat. Archery killed deer are almost never bloody but the meat (if cooked rare) will always be red. That does not mean its bloody. That is just a confusion most folks have.

Nope.......no bloody meat for me...all my meat is cooked all the way.....when I go to restraunts I say WELL DONE ....80%of the time I send it back because it's not done enough for me.....no blood no red

Yup deer is red but it's not red when cooked all the way
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
rancid crabtree

Unread postby rancid crabtree » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:38 am

To each his own. You will end up eating tougher meat that way but if your happy, I' happy. I wil take the more flavorful and tender route. cut off the antlers , wipes its and slap it on the plate. :dance:
186buck

Unread postby 186buck » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:22 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
186buck wrote:Bass,
From your link above they linked to a device that I think may do a good job cooking the meat. The Anova culinary seems like a good little unit. It is also controllable from WIFI so you could have everything ready to go and start it from your phone. I'm sure what you made is nice but for $179 I think this might be a good option. Do you see any issues with it?\

Also do you need to vacuum seal the bags? If so can you suggest a good one that won't break the bank?

I'd recommend this one if you want plug and play.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0088OTON ... ref=plSrch

I built mine for a fraction of the cost with better components. I think I spent about $70 on the build, but I could have built it for much less with lesser components.

I'm a food saver guy. If you don't have one I'd recommend it. Definitely more useful than a sous vide device.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I'm ok with building that kind of stuff but I'm also more than happy to buy something that already works.

Also do you have a link to the food saver that you use. I went on their web site and they seem to make many models from cheap to high end.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:34 am

No idea on model. Its a several years old by now. It isn't a deluxe model. I think it was about a $100. It looks like the gamesaver deluxe model.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:11 pm

Bump... One of those times i "learnt me something" Great input from some beast members
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”