quiver on or off?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Twenty Up
500 Club

Re: quiver on or off?

Unread postby Twenty Up » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:59 pm

Off. Less weight, I practice with it off, probably less "movement" without having the arrows & bright fletchings moving around as well. I also can see more around my bow and don't have to worry about the arrows hitting my camera arm or any branches around me.

If you haven't noticed I'm really avid about shooting my bow without a quiver on :D

Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Off, it adds noise to the shot and also throws POI off a little at longer ranges.

I do practice with it on a few times just to make sure I can make a close shot if necessary, say during the walk in.
Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:22 am

JoeRE wrote:Off, it adds noise to the shot and also throws POI off a little at longer ranges.

I do practice with it on a few times just to make sure I can make a close shot if necessary, say during the walk in.

Exactly what I do

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
phoolish

Unread postby phoolish » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:12 am

I practice both ways but hunt with it off. the G5 quiver i bought came with an accessory that screws into the tree.
rancid crabtree

Unread postby rancid crabtree » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:38 am

Off, I shoot a removable style and take it off and hang the quiver for ready access. No need to be moving a half dozen white dipped arrows with white fletching around every time I move my bow.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”