More movement on Sept 27th's full moon or not?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

How much movement do you see on a full moon?

More movement
8%
Less movement
31%
About the same movement
62%

Total votes: 13
SonofUlam

More movement on Sept 27th's full moon or not?

Unread postby SonofUlam » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Being that tonight (sept 27) was a full moon I got wondering if you guys that are sitting during the evening saw more movement around dusk than usual, less, or about the same. I realize our observations are effected by multiple factors besides the moon- but I'm still curious what you're seeing tonight specifically.

Also, feel free to comment about what else you think may be effecting the deer movement where you are tonight.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

[glow=green]1 Chronicles 8:40, "The sons of Ulam were brave warriors who could handle the bow..."[/glow]
Motivated
500 Club

Re: More movement on Sept 27th's full moon or not?

Unread postby Motivated » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Bump.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
rizzo999
500 Club

Unread postby rizzo999 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:07 am

Early season I definitely see less deer the week surrounding a full moon. IL isn't open yet for archery deer season so I can't speak of the full/red moon on 9/27.
eastwoodhunter

Unread postby eastwoodhunter » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:01 pm

It was the second day of archery season in Ohio, I got to hunt the evening at my house in a ground blind. I had four does come in around 7:15, and got my first compound bow kill shortly after. I was going to hunt regardless just being excited for the season, but I did have perfect wind for the setup. It was hot, around 77 when I got in the blind but got cloudy and really cooled down as the sun started to set. I was hopeful that the blood moon would stir something up and I had a great night of hunting!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”