Bedding areas

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Scentblocker

Bedding areas

Unread postby Scentblocker » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:50 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum, I joined after watching Hill country bucks and learning about buck bedding areas. Where I live the wind is normally north NW or west. I hunt on private land where the pressure is low to medium. I have attached a map of the terrain of one of my hunting areas. This is all oak trees and fairly hilly. There are 2 good bucks that I have on camera on 9-1-15 at 4 pm and the temp at that time was 90°F. With that said I’m thinking the bucks are not far from there bedding area if its that warm. I’m going to try and hunt this area hard from 9-27 through Oct 4th. The wind forecast says north winds will be light during that time. The water sources are circled in blue with a W. Can someone give me some ideas on where you think these bucks are bedding with N to NW winds? The camera where I got the pics is the red X. If I left any info out please let me know.
Thanks

hunter10
500 Club

Re: Bedding areas

Unread postby hunter10 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:53 am

I don't have the experienced knowledge to help on the map but I'd blur out the coordinates of the map to keep that private piece.. Private. Goodluck

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
PK_
500 Club

Re: Bedding areas

Unread postby PK_ » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am

The west side of the ravine where you have the cam. Several steep points and knobs. I can't mark map from phone...

Ps. That property looks like it has lots of potential great bedding.
[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”