What to do on this small property

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kripp53

What to do on this small property

Unread postby kripp53 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:59 am

I recently got access to this small 35 acre lot that has 15 acres of woods on it. The woods have two bowls in them where the deer are beading (yellow area). To the north and west of the property is houses and to the south is a soy bean field. Currently there is corn planted in the property. I am still trying to figure out the whole wind/thermals, and don't want to burn out this small of an area. I have trail cam pics (the green dots) of some decent bucks and some does during the daylight, and also plenty at night. With tomorrow being opening day and a north wind I was thinking of setting up on the south side near the bedding. However there is a couple of apple trees and oak trees on the nob on the west side of the woods (red dot). However I am afraid my sent will travel down into the bedding area if I set up there. However I would hate to set up on the south side and see the deer head right for the acorns and apples. I haven't been at the property in three weeks so I am not entirely sure what they are doing right now. Any thoughts on what I should do tomorrow and for that matter the rest of the season?

kripp53

Re: What to do on this small property

Unread postby kripp53 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:02 am

Here is one of the bucks I got on camera during the day.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”