Are You A Lone Wolf ??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.

Are You A Lone Wolf?

I'm a lone wolf and do not enjoy hunting with others.
26%
I only hunt with others a few times a season.
56%
I hunt solo about half the time, the rest with others.
13%
I hunt with others/friends/family most of the time.
5%

Total votes: 228
Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Are You A Lone Wolf ??

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:36 pm

I'm a straight lone wolf. While I enjoy the comradery around a campfire. The actual hunting is not a team effort in my case. It's just me vs the prey I pursue. I can can handle my own screw ups but I can't handle someone else costing me an opportunity. Plus it has been my experience that people who ask to tag along are infact just lazy and prefer someone else to do the work. I see it in both hunting and fishing. They never look for there own spots or spend anytime searching for game. It's always the same ole story, let me know when it gets good and I will come with. Uhh no you won't buddy!

“When standing on the walls of the Alamo the outcome has already been decided. All that’s left is to kill as many as you can.”

-Beth Dutton-
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:25 am

Till last year, I hadn't hunted with anyone in over 25 years. My brother and niece came up from Colorado for a 5 day hunt last year and are planning to come back again this year. Other than that, I hunt alone. It's just alot simpler. If I have an extra difficult drag I have a couple trustworthy friends to help drag. :lol: I've only ever had one friend who was willing to put in the work. Go figure :think:
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:05 pm

I've had mostly negative experiences hunting with other people. Been a lone wolf for a very long time. I found a good looking new area to hunt this year and invited a long time best buddy to hunt it with me this year. I'm optimistic that it's going to go better than expected.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:25 am

Lots of lone wolves in Beast Nation- about what I figured with the vote.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:22 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:Lots of lone wolves in Beast Nation- about what I figured with the vote.

It's difficult to be mobile and hunt close to bedding. I can screw it up enough on my own much less with adding others to the equation. :lol:
Scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, hunt
wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:40 pm

Id be more open to hunting with other but they want my spots that I put the work to scout
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:16 am

One of the most important attractions to deer hunting for me is solace. Further, I treasure the one-on-one encounters I have with bucks and other wildlife. I feel closest to God when I am alone outdoors. That's why I am a Lone Wolf.
One exception...I cherish the times I get to share with my son hunting. He is 11 and requires my mentoring but it goes beyond obligation...I want to teach him the ethics of being a true sportsman and honorable person, even in the woods, swamps and hollers.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:02 am

Double Draw wrote:One of the most important attractions to deer hunting for me is solace. Further, I treasure the one-on-one encounters I have with bucks and other wildlife. I feel closest to God when I am alone outdoors. That's why I am a Lone Wolf.
One exception...I cherish the times I get to share with my son hunting. He is 11 and requires my mentoring but it goes beyond obligation...I want to teach him the ethics of being a true sportsman and honorable person, even in the woods, swamps and hollers.

One of the greatest challenges in high pressure areas is finding solace, which many of us prefer- myself included.

I also like mixing it up once in a while, pulling a good buck out that I killed right next to the road in an overlooked spot- right under everyone's nose. I get a kick out of that too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”