Are You A Lone Wolf ??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.

Are You A Lone Wolf?

I'm a lone wolf and do not enjoy hunting with others.
26%
I only hunt with others a few times a season.
56%
I hunt solo about half the time, the rest with others.
13%
I hunt with others/friends/family most of the time.
5%

Total votes: 228
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Are You A Lone Wolf ??

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:17 am

218er wrote:Bowhunt 90% alone will gun hunt with anyone safe

+1

Scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, hunt
milkweed-mafia
Facebook: Jacob Daniel Seebold

Unread postby milkweed-mafia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:02 pm

Hunt alone never met anyone willing to put the work in. Most people I know just hunt the same exact spot year after year. They have given me crazy looks when I talk about being mobile let alone beast tactics. Which is just fine do not need others to be successful.
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:11 pm

I hunt alone. I have taken my buddy with a few times only guy i can trust with my spots but hes just not into the scouting like a beast is. Might sound rude but im not willing to give up all my spots to someone not willing to scout.
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:14 pm

I prefer bow hunting alone, i do gun hun from time to time with some buddies but not often! Anytime i use to hunt with somebody they were always getting out late in the morning, hung over or wanting to leave early :snooty: So i started hunting by myself 15 years ago. I dont mind camp style hunting now, every once in a while,but just like being alone and enjoying nature.
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
parkersdad

Unread postby parkersdad » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:50 pm

I hunt alone and prefer it that way. However at lunch I meet up with the guys and talk hunting. Then we go out separate ways
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:12 am

Primarily hunt alone. Wish I had a partner to share ideas with and discuss strategy. I second-guess myself ALOT.

Most of my buddies are in big-time leases and think I'm crazy for hunting public. The private I have access to does not have the quality of deer I'm after. I go there a couple times a year, but it's more social.

My son is 17 now and has found he prefers girls and sleeping in for the most part.
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Matt6506

Unread postby Matt6506 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:44 pm

I hunt alone most of the time. I haven't found anybody in my area that hunts the way I do. I enjoy the solitude of hunting.
“Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
- Fred Bear
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Lone Wolf here, and I'm alright with that. It can be tough coordinating hunts with my buddies because of family and such, so I just do my own thing.
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:07 am

I mostly bow hunt alone, but during gun season I hunt with a few buddies.
Bowtech Revolt X bow and exodus broadheads
Lone Wolf stand's and beast sticks
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:18 am

I’ve bow hunted alone pretty much exclusively. It’s getting boring. I’d like to hunt with someone that’s interested in busting their but for a chance at a deer like I do. Ik a few younger guys that I might take out. Idk. Maybe not cuz then they’ll catch on to what I’m doing. Lol.
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:07 am

A little of it all. Archery season I am usually solo and hunting from home. My extended family has a camp I've been going to since I was a little kid. All around experience you just can't beat hunting camp. I don't make it out there enough the past couple years. Still we usually go separate ways from camp. Rifle and flintlock seasons we do some small drives, those are always a blast. My dad and I make a pretty legit elk hunting duo, elk hunting is fun to run and gun as a team. I like a good mix of beast hunting and being more laid back and I am adaptable to pretty much any situation.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
G-Patt

Unread postby G-Patt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:29 am

I have a friend I hunt with about a couple times a season, but besides that, I'm a lone wolf. I actually prefer to hunt with others cuz I like to text back and forth and see what's going on, and sometimes we attempt to bump deer towards each other. We don't hunt together say in the same tree, but we manage to be within 200 yards of each other. There's nothing better than getting a "BBD" or a "BDD" text and running over to see and help (or getting help) tracking and retrieving the deer.
On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice!
ol_ben

Unread postby ol_ben » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:09 am

Bowhunting I'm always alone just because it requires me to get so close to deer there's no real chance to interact with someone else. Rifle hunting I enjoy having some company, especially if I'm not in a tree stand. I enjoy solitude, but not because I don't enjoy other people's company. Hunting alone and hunting with friends scratch two different itches for me.
RiverBottoms
500 Club

Unread postby RiverBottoms » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:16 am

Yep, it's hard to be focused and flexible enough to change up plans on a moment's notice when you are hunting with someone else. Have to adapt to the situation.
IndyDawg

Unread postby IndyDawg » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:35 am

Looks like I am aligned with the majority of the population here, which isn't really a surprise when you look at the general approach to hunting for posters on this site. I hunt by myself probably more than 90% of the time, but have invested some time the past couple of seasons to take out a buddy from church who never really hunted before and my brother in law who is 22. I get much more satisfaction out of my time if I control where I go, when I go there, how long I sit, and how I approach the hunt. That said, I also plan to work for these two to try and get them a good opportunity to kill a deer this year. They have hunted pretty hard the few times I have taken them out, and haven't been able to connect on one yet.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”