Are You A Lone Wolf ??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.

Are You A Lone Wolf?

I'm a lone wolf and do not enjoy hunting with others.
26%
I only hunt with others a few times a season.
56%
I hunt solo about half the time, the rest with others.
13%
I hunt with others/friends/family most of the time.
5%

Total votes: 228
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Are You A Lone Wolf ??

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Bumping this thread I posted in 2015 - We've added a lot of members since then !!

Are you a lone wolf when it comes to deer hunting? Do you almost always hunt alone and prefer it that way? Why or why not?

Justin85

Re: r u a lone wolf?

Unread postby Justin85 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:22 pm

I hunt alone and have for years, save taking my dad a time or two.

I prefer to hunt alone, but wouldn't mind hunting with some like minded people occasionally. Wouldn't mind rut hunting with someone else.

For the most part I hunt and prefer to hunt alone just so I can call my own shots, no pun intended, and come and go as I please.

Same with fishing.

There's a few on here I wouldn't mind hunting with.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:29 pm

Yes and prefer it that way. Don't get me wrong, I love the commaradarie of a good camp. I prefer the simplicity and freedom of hunting alone.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
remmag
500 Club

Unread postby remmag » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:36 pm

I have always hunted alone for the most part and prefer it that way. Always wanted a hunting buddy when I first got into it but could never find anyone who was as consistent, reliable and passionate about hunting and fishing as me so I've became accustomed to doing everything myself.
I go on a few hunts every year with my dad and with another member on here, mainly waterfowl, and that's about it.

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:36 pm

Almost always alone, but usually do a few hunts a year with friends (bow). Occasionally with my daughter when I can get her out. First weekend of gun season is with friends, second weekend of gun season is solo.
welded34
500 Club

Unread postby welded34 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:39 pm

I hunt alone about half the time.. I like to hunt with others sometimes like gun hunting with my family because it's tradition but I've noticed the last 2 years I've been becoming more and more of a lone wolf because I don't want to give my spots away that I worked hard for and if I make a mistake hunting I can only blame myself.

hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:45 pm

I hunt alone always but i have really found value in scouting in the off season with others

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:48 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:Yes and prefer it that way. Don't get me wrong, I love the commaradarie of a good camp. I prefer the simplicity and freedom of hunting alone.

x2

agreed ....
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:48 pm

I prefer to hunt alone but I still hunt with some family a few times a year. I could hunt with someone who is like minded. The hunters I know personally don't have the passion and the willingness to hunt big bucks. They go out and stomp all over the woods and don't think about what they are doing.

oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:56 pm

I hunt alone 90 percent of the time. I do hunt with others but its not serious hunting. I do my best killing alone.

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Always have been a loner in the woods. My dad might be hunting the same chunk of public with me but I go where I want and he does the same. Next year I will be taking my little girl some with me to introduce her to the outdoors but planning those sits to just be near doe bedding so she can see some action. Other than the thought of taking my girl out I definitely prefer the woods to myself. I don't really even enjoy scouting with others cause most of the time what I'm looking for and what they are looking for are two different things.

kotimaki

Unread postby kotimaki » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:05 pm

I abstain from voting on this one...let me explain. When my daughters hunt , I'm with them , I don't sit with them anymore but I'm always nearby or at least in the same section.
As for waterfowl or upland birds I generally hunt with someone be it family or friends.
Predator hunting I prefer to work as a team , but don't always have a teammate handy so I'm often alone.
When it comes to serious deer hunting I'm almost always alone though I share info with a few guys and we will team up if needed for a tracking job or tough drag. Thus far its worked well , no one steps on any toes.
I guide here for elk , that is always a group affair. I'll never understand how someone can draw a once in a lifetime tag , hire a guide and then want to bring 9 of his closest friends plus the guys that he met in the bar last night along on a spot and stalk elk hunt....

hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:13 pm

interesting votes so far
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:14 pm

In hunting in general I'm 50/50 but bow hunting deer it's more like a few times at most. Gun deer hunting is traditionally a group activity but I do muzzle loading by myself.

Gun deer,Ducks, pheasants, bear, Elk, and turkeys I hunt with others more often then not.

Bow hunting is very much solo.
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Bow- I'm alone
First 3 days of gun are spent with family, the rest of the season I try to spend with some friends and catch up on life.
Muzzleloader and late bow- alone. If I still have tags. Most of the time, I'm left with one buck tag only because the big boys are forced to move and I have more time on my hands.
Have only found 2 people who are close on the commitment level with me, and they are solo hunters as well.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”