Hey PredatorTC

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Hey PredatorTC

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:03 am

looking at your pic you posted in the "live from the stand" thread with your milk weed. what is that tan colored thing on your platform and how is your quiver mounted to the platform? thanks in advance.

PredatorTC
500 Club

Re: Hey PredatorTC

Unread postby PredatorTC » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:59 am

Hey Brian-

I picked up an extra quiver bracket and drilled two small holes into the platform of my stand and bolted it on. I bolted it at a little bit of an angle so that the fletch end of the arrow is close to me and so that I can grab a second arrow if I need to in the heat of the moment. I almost always keep the arrow from the bottom of my quiver nocked (except for in this picture) so that the top one is easily accessible. Here's a close up

I think the tan thing u saw was the end of my mollie pack strap. As much as I sound like a wimp for saying this, my shoulders used to bruise from the junky little gun string sling strap. These straps are one of my better investments for those hill climbs or those long swamp walks. They also clip in the middle conecting both straps, so I don't have to pull my shoulders forward to keep the stand from falling off. I love them! My only complaint is that they do make a bit of rubbing noise as you slide them off your shoulders. So if your within shooting distance of a bed you really have to go slow. Here's a picture

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Wlog
500 Club

Re: Hey PredatorTC

Unread postby Wlog » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:06 pm

That's funny, I was just thinking of doing the exact same thing with my quiver. I guess great minds do think alike!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”