Late/Post Rut Tactics

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
woody-san

Late/Post Rut Tactics

Unread postby woody-san » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:47 am

My 3 day rut fest ended last night with an un-filled buck tag. I won't be able to get back into the woods until November 20th, and I'm trying to figure out my approach once that day rolls around.

Seeing that 11/20 is about a week or so past what many consider peak rut, how does one hunt this time frame? Is it a mirror of the pre-rut?

Should I be on those good funnels near doe beds, still, or should I go back to the scrapes?

My guess would be that it could be either/or, but I'd like to hear how some of you guys would plan to hunt that time. I don't have a firearms season in my area until 12/1, so that isn't a factor. Thanks!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

iowa whitetail
500 Club

Re: Late/Post Rut Tactics

Unread postby iowa whitetail » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:57 pm

That time of nov is a very good time to hunt in my opinion. I think that the bucks are done in there home range and start moving to new areas late nov to look for other does. I have found rattling works the best during that time. Ive seen a ton of big bucks during that time, good luck.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”