James Valley scents?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

James Valley scents?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:37 pm

Anybody heard of or used it for mock scrapes? My local bow shop carries it, thinking about trying to put some on my mock scrapes. Its called Wall Hanger.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Bucky

Re: James Valley scents?

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:59 pm

dreaming bucks wrote:Anybody heard of or used it for mock scrapes? My local bow shop carries it, thinking about trying to put some on my mock scrapes. Its called Wall Hanger.

They work.... are you gonna use a dripper? If not I would just p!ss in it yourself. I do everytime I have the urge and I walk by one....

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:04 pm

I do have a dripper, with the "active" scent, but I was thinking about dipping my licking ropes into this James valley scent dip.

kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:18 pm

I've used their scents with no indication it worked. I have a friend who has taken several nice bucks using their scents and is the guy who told me about them.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:11 am

I've used them in mock srapes with good luck. The good luck meaning that the deer tore the scrapes up.....at night. That has more to do with the field edge scrapes that I made. This was early in my bow hunting career. The deer seemed to respond well to the scents. I think we used the wall hanger and a different one

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:17 am

matt1336 wrote:I've used them in mock srapes with good luck. The good luck meaning that the deer tore the scrapes up.....at night. That has more to do with the field edge scrapes that I made. This was early in my bow hunting career. The deer seemed to respond well to the scents. I think we used the wall hanger and a different one

Matt... Did you put the same scent on the licking branch as you did the ground?

Bowhunter74201

Unread postby Bowhunter74201 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:44 am

paul pollicks preorbital gland scent spray works extremely well on licking branches. i've used james valley before but can't say it produced anything for me.
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:46 am

Bucky wrote:
dreaming bucks wrote:Anybody heard of or used it for mock scrapes? My local bow shop carries it, thinking about trying to put some on my mock scrapes. Its called Wall Hanger.

They work.... are you gonna use a dripper? If not I would just p!ss in it yourself. I do everytime I have the urge and I walk by one....

You do it yourself bucky? Never heard of that before. Interesting

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:13 am

Bowhunter4life wrote:
Bucky wrote:

You do it yourself bucky? Never heard of that before. Interesting

I have did that myself too when I open up a mock scrape, it works great.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:38 pm

dreaming bucks wrote:
matt1336 wrote:I've used them in mock srapes with good luck. The good luck meaning that the deer tore the scrapes up.....at night. That has more to do with the field edge scrapes that I made. This was early in my bow hunting career. The deer seemed to respond well to the scents. I think we used the wall hanger and a different one

Matt... Did you put the same scent on the licking branch as you did the ground?

I think so. It was a good 10 years ago so I couldn't say which one

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”