Questions for you hill guys

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Thermals
500 Club

Questions for you hill guys

Unread postby Thermals » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:06 pm

I am lookin to see if you guys that hunt a lot of hill find that the beds you find in the late winter early spring are cold this time of the year. This seems to be what I am finding. If so do you see them heat up at a certain time. And or is there any other things I should be seeing or looking for.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Questions for you hill guys

Unread postby dan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Thermals wrote:I am lookin to see if you guys that hunt a lot of hill find that the beds you find in the late winter early spring are cold this time of the year. This seems to be what I am finding. If so do you see them heat up at a certain time. And or is there any other things I should be seeing or looking for.

Sometimes... But, if your scouting right when the snow melts your generally looking at sign and beds from deer season, not current. The best points will have deer bedding there all year.
Thermals
500 Club

Unread postby Thermals » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:29 pm

I will have to hit some of these other points I found and see what happens there

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:20 pm

I have found that and it seems if there are crops near the area I have found they tend to bed a little closer to the food early season or if any corn I see a lot of them bed in it till the corn is cut. They are cutting corn around here now so the beds are starting to get used again.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”