High winds, Do you change game plan?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chasman

High winds, Do you change game plan?

Unread postby Chasman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Just wondering if your changing game plan for the high winds tomorrow? The spot I seen shooter today was a huge marsh. Winds will be max there. Debating weather to sit it or head to cover and wind breaks.

wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Re: High winds, Do you change game plan?

Unread postby wibow » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Ground attack for me tomorrow,high winds and showers...if she calms down,on stand for last 2hrs.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Yeah definitely want to be in a sturdy tree where I'm not being whipped around so that I can have a shot at making a good shot.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Looks like steady 20-25mph here with gusts over 30mph. Think I'm gonna head to thick bedding areas and hunt on the ground. Way too many dead standing trees where I am hunting. Almost climbed down early tonight because I was downwind of a large dead pine that was making scary creaking noises every time the wind gusted. :shock:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:38 pm

I have hunted hard since last Thursday. Mile walks, soaked, and soaked again from rain. Seen one shooter yesterday AM. That location is just horrible for this type of wind. So I am taking a day off. Need to modify some extentions for sticks and need to catch up on some Daddy duty before my Tues and Wed full on push. I know you can't kill one in the house but sometimes I just need to recharge and the wind today forced my hand. Good luck..

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”