The past 36 hours-rut activity, south west Wi

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
whitetail_addict

Re: The past 36 hours-rut activity, south west Wi

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Where I'm at in western WI I think we're still in pre-rut mode, although it could rev up at any hour at this point. My last few hunts have been slow until just before dark or only seeing movement at first light. Lots of big bucks getting killed in my area since Halloween and from what I'm hearing they are all early morning late evening kills. The midday movement just isn't here quite yet.

I think too many guys think that just because its November we are going to be at full on rut stage. The deer don't necessarily follow our calendar. I'd hunt early and late but just remember it could pop off at any time anywhere in the state now. If you can, I would consider longer sits if you can.

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:45 pm

It's your year Brad. Time to go out and grab the buck by the antlers.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:47 pm

I didn't hunt today but did yesterday, I didn't see a single deer yesterday. I was driving tractor today hauling wood and didn't see a deer until maybe 10 minutes before dark, mostly does in a group. Earlier this week all my sightings were between 2 and 3 on Tuesday and I saw one lone buck at first light cruising Wednesday morning and then right before dark that evening.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”