How Do You Carry Your Lonewolf & Sticks?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JakeJD
500 Club

How Do You Carry Your Lonewolf & Sticks?

Unread postby JakeJD » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 am

I recently purchased a Hunt Comfort seat. The new seat purchase has me re-evaluating how I attach my sticks to the stand. For the past couple of years, I have followed Lonewolf's recommendation here:

http://www.lonewolfhuntingproducts.com/ ... eestand_19

Just curious if anyone has a slick way to attach the sticks to the stand. I have seen AT threads where the sticks were laid on their side or laid horizontal on the stand. Thanks.

"In the deed, the glory"
Dewey

Re: How Do You Carry Your Lonewolf & Sticks?

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:01 am

I have the same seat and bungee my sticks on their side. I actually like it better that way since it feels more compact and doesn't hang up on brush as much.

JakeJD
500 Club

Unread postby JakeJD » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:24 am

Thanks Dewey. How do you like the seat? $55 plus shipping was hard to bite off.
"In the deed, the glory"
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:31 am

It is a big improvement and well worth the upgrade. I have a few bad discs in my lower back so the extra cushion is very much appreciated.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:32 am

I also carry the sticks on their side (gorilla seat or custom seat on all my lone wolf stands). I prefer the rubber Kwik Straps for attachment.

On a rare occasion I'll strap the stand and sticks to a pack. This only happens when I'm dealing with long hikes, wet weather, and extra clothes/equipment. I'm playing more with the camera these days so I suspect I'll be taking this route more in the future.
binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:47 am

I am about to make the jump to the hunt comfort seat as well. Was hoping to snatch one up via classifieds or fleabay for a bit less but its not looking likely. Even without the HC seat, I prefer to lay my sticks sideways but have just started using the giant twist tie thingies (nite-ize gear ties) and like them overall.
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:55 am

Ha ha! I just got back from buying this seat for my LW and opened this thread. I was thinking I would need to change the way I carry the sticks, Dewey's approach was the way my thoughts were going.
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:21 am

I too have this seat but dont have it on yet. Prolly going to carry the same has Dewey too. Thats how I carry now.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:50 am

Forgot to mention that I have a Kwik Strap around the sticks after stacking them to keep them intact. With that and the two bungee straps my sticks are totally secure and do not move at all.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 am

Stacking the sticks, sometimes I alternate them so that the whole assembly winds up being more "rectangular" instead of beveled. Not that it makes much difference unless you attach them to the stand in the "old fashion" way, which then they stick up higher and catch more brush on the way to and from the stand. I'm sure the way I typed that is clear as mud....
BGHUNTER
Facebook: bgrangerhunter@live.com

Unread postby BGHUNTER » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:26 pm

UntouchableNess wrote:Stacking the sticks, sometimes I alternate them so that the whole assembly winds up being more "rectangular" instead of beveled. Not that it makes much difference unless you attach them to the stand in the "old fashion" way, which then they stick up higher and catch more brush on the way to and from the stand. I'm sure the way I typed that is clear as mud....

I understood that.... :think:
DMiller6868

Unread postby DMiller6868 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:12 pm

I put them on the stand like normal then cinch them down with the 4 straps on the Core Loading & Attachment Device. It keeps them tight to the stand whether you lay them flat or the traditional way they are intended to.

www.theCLAD.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”