specific buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

specific buck

Unread postby tim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:41 am

anybody hunting a specific buck this year. i cant say i will hold out unless maybe i get him on camera , but a buck showed himself last year for a 2 week window right about this time of year last year then dissappeared. never seen him again on camera of ever in the woods. we had oats he was gorging in then when they were harvested he was gone. i call him antique because he looked like one to me. appeared old and going down hill. i got pics of much bigger but not better in my eyes. im hoping he shows. im looking forward to hunting this specific buck this year if i know he is out there. if he dont show on cams ill move on. but keep dreaming.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: specific buck

Unread postby dan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:49 am

I seen a decent public land buck 2 nights ago shining on my way to work. Based on where he was, and what time it was I am pretty sure I know where he was bedding.
And I have been hearing lots of rumors of a large white (albino) buck in one of my areas, but have not been able to catch a glimpse yet.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 am

There was a 140 class 8 last year that I am looking for and probably a 160 class 10. I haven't seen either of them yet this summer nor have I located the bedding areas, so I am definitely not in the best of shape for killing them. I plan to run and gun poking around until I get close and if all else fails I located several doe bedding areas to be downwind of for the rut.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Arrowbender
500 Club

Unread postby Arrowbender » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:08 pm

I passed on a marginal poper 8 point last year. Thought his bed was being used this winter but couldn't find his sheds. I will definetly be looking for him this fall. Wouldn't say holding out but will definetly pass the smaller ones early.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:27 pm

At this time I have my eyes open for "Mr Burns" and "Droppy", whether I see them again this year only trail cams and time will tell. Last year Burns was pushing 180 and Droppy, well, you get why I'm after him due to the name. That being said, the first 150 incher that comes by will be in deep doo doo as my wife and I are expecting our son the first week of September.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:56 am

I have a couple that I would like to get a crack at. I hope to have some trail cam pictures soon to prove to me that they are what I'm looking for. 1 is a 10 point that I believe will be a 4.5 year old this fall and the other is a 3.5 or 4.5 9 point. I have 1 shed off each buck that I found this spring. I will NOT hold out for these, if something else comes by that peaks my interest. I can't wait.
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:06 pm

I'd like to target either of the 2 bucks that I have matched set sheds from. The one set I picked up 2 seasons ago scored high 140'ish. The set I picked up this year...low 150'ish.
Not the same buck and I estimated an 18" inside spread on each set.
So...if those 2 bucks are still alive and hanging around I would love to lace an arrow through one of them. But I can't say that I'm "holdin' out" and waiting for one of them...where I hunt, those types of bucks are few and far between. So it would take a tremendous amount of luck.
I have 2 buck tags going into the 2010 season. :D ;)
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:00 am

I do have my sights set on two specific bucks. The first one I nicknamed "Bones" last year. Public buck. A real dandy and would be my best buck to date. I found his bed and have a solid knowledge of his behaviors. Ate tag twice chasing this one last year on what I would consider marginal bucks.

"Ten High" is a very tall, prefect, 10. Had him at 40 - 50 yrds last year, but there was another 100 - 115 class at the base of my tree. Circumstances just wouldn't let me capitalize. Have a solid idea of this bucks bedding behaviors.

"Bones" is the buck i definitly know the best and most certainly want to put on my wall. :D
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
tresleggos

Unread postby tresleggos » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:10 pm

:D you guys are your nicknames for deer........ i have a mature buck ive been after for the last 2 years thats close to impoosible to hunt. prob be holding out on him but where i hunt i see diff. deer i never have all the time
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:05 am

well, that buck (antique) hasnt shown. we had oats in our field again this year in part of the field and the amish have already harvested them they were in shocks when i got up there on friday. so i was hoping he would show for the oats but i guess not. im still hoping he is alive but have my doubts at this point. he appeared old last year. but also seemed reclusive never showing up in a bachelor group like the rest, always alone.
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:24 am

tresleggos wrote::D you guys are your nicknames for deer........ i have a mature buck ive been after for the last 2 years thats close to impoosible to hunt. prob be holding out on him but where i hunt i see diff. deer i never have all the time

Whatever you're drinking, can I get some??
:lol:
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
AC Rider
500 Club

Unread postby AC Rider » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:43 am

I got a pic of this guy last year on my property. I think I saw his track last weekend; no pics of him yet but I keep trying.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:45 am

nice buck ac, i hope he shows up for you too. thats a nice pic.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”