CHEAP. LIGHT. Hang on stand...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PK_
500 Club

CHEAP. LIGHT. Hang on stand...

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:15 pm

I am not a big fan of bone collector and could not find reviews on this stand but walmart is selling this small, lightweight hang on for $79:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/21013660?adid ... la&veh=sem

For an extra $10 they offer it with 3 of the 'rapid rails':
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bone-Collecto ... iewedItems

Free ship to store, not bad. It was only an extra 3$ to ship to my house...

I still plan on getting a LW but this will hold me over for now, unless I receive it and hate it, but I think it will suffice.

Just wanted to share this deal for any other Beasts on a budget.

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Re: CHEAP. LIGHT. Hang on stand...

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:37 pm

I bought the combo.. Although it is very lite...10lbs, it is not quiet or stealthy. Would not be a great mobile stand IMO.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:43 pm

I didnt have a problem with the stand being quiet, other than the seat cushion. The cushion has a thin camo on the outer edge. That thing is crazy noisey in cold weather.

For what it cost I think it is a very good deal. Light weight stand, very easy to set up and be portable with.
Large platform, wide seat that is actually comfortable.

I dont use rapid rails though...there make a lot of noise when you step on them the first time during setup.

I seen the stand selling on ebay for a little over 60 + shipping, so one thing is for sure, if you dont like it, shouldnt be too hard to recoop your $. Especially once the market flood is over from WalMart.

Thanks for the heads up on the deal. I am sure there are some on here that can use something like that at a bargain. Makes a pretty nice prehung setup.
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Ha, that same stand and rails combo deal was selling for $49 a week or two ago and they bumped it up to $89 fast because the online forums spread the word. Archery Talk members alone bought more than 1,000 sets in two days according to the 20+ page thread. There were several posts about it here. I bought two sets for $100 to my door. Can't beat it for that price.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
Darin
500 Club

Unread postby Darin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:13 pm

You get what you pay for. Looks similar to ameristep stands, which are NOT stealthy or quiet. May be good for a permanent stand?
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 am

Guess I meant its loud compared to my Lone Wolf or Gorilla scout. It's hollow tubing just echoes when bumped . I also disliked the bracketing where it attaches to the tree.. It is a nice stand for the money. Seat cushion is awful too.

backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:18 am

Ridgerunner7 wrote:Guess I meant its loud compared to my Lone Wolf or Gorilla scout. It's hollow tubing just echoes when bumped . I also disliked the bracketing where it attaches to the tree.. It is a nice stand for the money. Seat cushion is awful too.

Compared to the LW and Scout you are exactly right! I love my Scout. That thing is so easy to setup and quiet as can be. Wish my LW stands had the seat and cushion from the Scout.

You know I had forgotten until you mentioned it, the bracketing where the Ameristep attaches to the tree did catch my attention while hanging one. Think they could have used a much better design there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”