White Buck shot in Sauk County

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
backstraps

Re: White Buck shot in Sauk County

Unread postby backstraps » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:56 am

dan wrote:It was all over the news way over here a little while ago.. The liberal tree huggers were screaming for the DNR to stop making it so easy for people to kill such rare animals :roll:

UNREAL! Thats the same crap we heard around here to get albinos banned from harvest!!

I think inside the CWD areas, those "rare" animails should be tranquilized, a big red target spray painted on thier vital areas, then turned back out into the wild!!

LOL Okay I am just teasing with that comment just in case.... :whistle:

Stump

Unread postby Stump » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:56 am

Prime proof that no one should get an attached to a free ranging animal. People just can't hack the idea that someday it will die. God forbid it went to a hunter rather than a semi or coyotes.
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:04 pm

nice :shock:
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Awesome! No doubt I would have taken him for the rack alone. Being an Albino icing on the Hoof. I dont know if is a true Albino but either way legal and ethical in my book. Just got 2 emails from the DNR about rules for white deer and harvesting them. Boulder Junction has a good population also.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:38 pm

what a gorgeous deer. Would be very tough not to shoot such a beauty
When better is possible, good is never good enough
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:10 pm

dan wrote:It was all over the news way over here a little while ago.. The liberal tree huggers were screaming for the DNR to stop making it so easy for people to kill such rare animals :roll:

Liberal tree huggers :clap: love the analogy. Those are the same people trying to take our right to bare arms, hunt, think it's inhumane to kill our food..but eat McDonalds everyday. :lol: I don't know about everyone else, but God made the animals for us to eat and kill, white, brown or whatever color. People need to get a grip :!:
Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Unread postby Badger » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:23 pm

I don't care if it's a sparkle farting unicorn, If it's legal I'm shooting.. :lol:
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:29 pm

I'd make a red mess of whitey
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Casper
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/casper.kohlnhofer

Unread postby Casper » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:48 pm

I know exactly where it was shot. My friend was sad to see it go.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
The Healthy Herd Pro Staff
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:58 pm

That deer was shot about 3 or 4 miles from where I hunt. I wished he had been on my side of the road, I would have killed him in a heartbeat no second thoughts considered. People need to remember its a deer, it was 100% legal and its a trophy, even if it wasn't white. I think this is a classic example of people not being happy when an out of towner kills a nice deer as the hunter was from Fond du Lac I hear. His group is coming back down to hunt this weekend and they have a camp set up, they are predicting controversy over this. He paid his $24 dollars the same as everyone else, it was no ones deer to decide what does or doesn't happen to it, and I would much rather see it go this way then to a car or coyote or poacher.
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:41 pm

That is an awesome buck. I wouldn't hesitate to take him if I were in this hunter shoes. Don't think I could sell it though, well at least not for $17,000! lol.
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Well I personally am happy we can shoot albino/white deer, I really don't want cwd to spread any further (wait is that the sound of dnr biologists running scared?) I'm happy for the hunter, the world hasn't ended yet........ Obumer. Dude it's just a deer not a unicorn!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:That deer was shot about 3 or 4 miles from where I hunt. I wished he had been on my side of the road, I would have killed him in a heartbeat no second thoughts considered. People need to remember its a deer, it was 100% legal and its a trophy, even if it wasn't white. I think this is a classic example of people not being happy when an out of towner kills a nice deer as the hunter was from Fond du Lac I hear. His group is coming back down to hunt this weekend and they have a camp set up, they are predicting controversy over this. He paid his $24 dollars the same as everyone else, it was no ones deer to decide what does or doesn't happen to it, and I would much rather see it go this way then to a car or coyote or poacher.

X2

DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
Buxnbaas
Facebook: Buxnbaas

Unread postby Buxnbaas » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:56 pm

I've seen quite a few albinos in my area too , I have seen 3 just north of the town thats about 5 miles east of me, and 2 more just west of that same town. Unfortunately none are too particularly close to any land I can hunt. All 5 of these deer were bucks, 3 being good shooters based on antler size alone, the other 2 would also be shooter just for being Albino. That same town has a massive population of melanistic (I think thats the term) black squirrells, so perhaps there is something weird in the water. I myself would absolutely die happy if I had a shot at a melanistic trophy sized buck. I think they are even more rare than albinos.
James
500 Club

Unread postby James » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:17 am

Cool buck... I'm definitely shooting if is legal!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”