Call me crazy, but I found some magic pixie dust............

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Autumn Ninja

Re: Call me crazy, but I found some magic pixie dust........

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:55 am

Baiting is legal in my home state....therefor, it would be very easy to test this product with a couple trail cams set on video mode. All I need is the name of the product that needs testing.

Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:19 am

If it indeed is Nose Jammer, I have heard some great reports about it from some very reliable sources. These guys are excellent hunters, and put down bruisers every year. I haven't tried it, so I can't personally give an opinion one way or the other.
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:15 am

Nice buck. But your crazy.
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 am

Like I said I am still in the process of testing it and don't wish to plug the product just yet til I know it truely works......Dewey you have some valid points, however couldn't you say the same thing about camo clothes, or hunting blinds, they take away the deers sense of sight.....I would think not considering it fair chase is a bit extreme, it may take alot of the challange out of the hunt in some hunters minds and that is fine, don't use it, but to call it taking the fair chase out of the hunt doesn't quite fit, there is alot more to fair chase hunting than beating a deer nose. But like I said I am NOT totally 100% sold on the product, I will report back after I feel I have given it a true test and then you can decide for yourselves if it is something you would use or not use.
Bowhunter4ever!!!!!!!!

Visit my website
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:10 am

lungbuster wrote:Like I said I am still in the process of testing it and don't wish to plug the product just yet til I know it truely works......Dewey you have some valid points, however couldn't you say the same thing about camo clothes, or hunting blinds, they take away the deers sense of sight.....I would think not considering it fair chase is a bit extreme, it may take alot of the challange out of the hunt in some hunters minds and that is fine, don't use it, but to call it taking the fair chase out of the hunt doesn't quite fit, there is alot more to fair chase hunting than beating a deer nose. But like I said I am NOT totally 100% sold on the product, I will report back after I feel I have given it a true test and then you can decide for yourselves if it is something you would use or not use.

Sounds fair to me, give it some more testing and report your findings.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
bones09

Unread postby bones09 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:20 am

This post has jammed up my ability to read.. :roll: Good looking pics tho!
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:38 am

Thanks for the idea lungbuster. I like doing studies on deer more than killing big bucks.

In my test I will use nose jammer.

I will bait a spot for 10-15 days with corn, get the deer coming in like clock work. Then I will take my dogs blanket and cut it in four pieces and place them 30 yards away on all four corners, apply the recommended amount of nose jammer, place two trail cams 10 feet high around the bait and see what happens.

Thanks again, you just made hunting fun again...at least for the next 15-20 days, lol.

P.S. My dog needs a new blankie for winter anyway, lol.
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:14 am

friends and locals down at the archery shop claim nose jammer works. I myself don't feel like it will work, and probably will not try it.

I wouldn't consider it cheating or not fair chase but It takes some of the satisfaction away thats for sure. You could say that about any hunting product, like the new bows out there...is that fair chase? What about google earth, the old timers never got to use aerial maps and BIRDS EYE VIEW, is that fair chase? I think so.
browning3

Unread postby browning3 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:59 am

I used it quite a bit this season. Shot 2 big does and one big mature buck. Multiple deer down wind. None busted out but you could tell they detected it but it never alarmed them. I mainly only used it to on my boots to cover my trail. Had many deer cross my trail and not even flinch. This stuff does smell quite strong. Vanilicin is the main ingrediant so it smells like vanilla. I would not recommend spraying it in your tree stand like is directed on the instructions. Boots only and maybe on base of tree. If I have a perfect wind I only use it on boots for entry. I sat a field edge stand when looking to take a doe and had a marginal wind. Sprayed it on stump under stand and had over a dozen deer feeding downwind when I shot a big doe.

All I can say is most the deer never flinched at it. Some were curious but never bolted.
Stump

Unread postby Stump » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:01 am

Out of probably a dozen people I know who have tried it, easily over 75% of them had negative effects because of it....couple that couldn't tell a difference and 1 other guy who killed a 160+ with it and the buck was down wind so obvious he's in love with it. Though he was hunting a morning when he shot the buck and the thermals were no doubt working to his advantage. He won't listen to reality. lol!!

Pixie dust you say? Absolutely. :lol:
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:06 am

I won a big can of nose jammer last year and tried it one day in november. Didnt put it on my boots, just the tree. Saw a bunch of deer and 8 were bucks. One 2.5 year old buck got downwind, smelled it/me and altered his path away from my shooting lane. Can't say he busted me tho, just noticed something different. I talk to many that claim it works but it didnt sounds like anyone gave it the mature deer test.
When better is possible, good is never good enough
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Cool deer, congrats to shane. Was this the old boy you were talking about yesterday, and of course I dont mean shane.
Visit The Treestand Silencing Store
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
BowtechHunting
500 Club
Facebook: Don't have one...

Unread postby BowtechHunting » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:20 pm

So I got to thinkin'. We have been focused just on deer here. What if we could "jam" the wife's senses? Just a little spray of "Wife Jammer" before you leave the house for a hunt and she won't even know your gone!

"Thanks Wife Jammer!"

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:33 pm

That's awesome! :lol:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:43 pm

I'll take some wife jammer please

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”