Weather question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
admiral04

Weather question

Unread postby admiral04 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:28 am

The next week or so they are calling for high winds and rain. Just curious if its worth going out and sitting through it or not. I know deer dont like the high winds but will this stop bucks from chasing? If not maybe setup on some doe bedding and hope to get one searching or will the activity be way down as far as bucks also?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Weather question

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 am

Hunt the leeward side of the timber in the thick stuff. Deer movement in general will be down but big buck movement will happen.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Dewey

Re: Weather question

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:29 am

Gonna be very windy the next few days here in WI as well due to effects of the east coast weather. Hope it doesn't kill deer movement too much. I plan on staying out of my treestand tomorrow and doing some still hunting during the strongest winds and maybe set up on the ground on some fresh rut sign.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”