Stanley

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

yungbuck
500 Club

Re: Stanley

Unread postby yungbuck » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:04 am

Solid and simple advice from simply a great Hunter...again the key is hard dedicated work

[ Post made via Android ] Image

nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Thu May 10, 2018 10:07 am

Don't remember reading this before but a good read today.....
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Thu May 10, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks for the bump. Great read.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:03 am

That guy was one of the best at putting common sense into motion.
Weezy

Unread postby Weezy » Thu May 10, 2018 2:12 pm

I really enjoyed reading this thread. Stanley seemed like a good down to earth person.
Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Unread postby Jrichard » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:17 am

I know that I have been MIA for about a year now. But I wanted to stop by and send my condolences.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:56 pm

I sent the link to this thread to our daughter, who immediately responded with," Mom, you have to correct Daddy's comment on page 9 where he says he wasn't the best family man. He was the best family man! He hunted, he loved it, but he always put us first and spent time with us. Always!"

And he did. This good man did indeed put us first. His comment shows just how good a man he was, that he felt guilty for "indulging" himself in something that was in his very blood. We WANTED him to enjoy himself, we loved every minute of his preparation, his hunt, his stories, his joy when he brought home, "the old boy."

Stan included his girls in his prep work and drag outs. They always came home bubbling with excitement and joy over the fun they had with their dad. He got them each a beautiful bow, taught them to shoot and practiced with them, shooting at a 3D bear in the front yard. That bear caused a bit of a stir in the neighborhood, when it was left sitting there for the the next practice session. Cars would slow waaaaay down, which gave us all a giggle or two.

Stanley Schmidt, great family man and by the way, great hunter too.

Jan
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:09 pm

Stanley wrote:I sent the link to this thread to our daughter, who immediately responded with," Mom, you have to correct Daddy's comment on page 9 where he says he wasn't the best family man. He was the best family man! He hunted, he loved it, but he always put us first and spent time with us. Always!"

And he did. This good man did indeed put us first. His comment shows just how good a man he was, that he felt guilty for "indulging" himself in something that was in his very blood. We WANTED him to enjoy himself, we loved every minute of his preparation, his hunt, his stories, his joy when he brought home, "the old boy."

Stan included his girls in his prep work and drag outs. They always came home bubbling with excitement and joy over the fun they had with their dad. He got them each a beautiful bow, taught them to shoot and practiced with them, shooting at a 3D bear in the front yard. That bear caused a bit of a stir in the neighborhood, when it was left sitting there for the the next practice session. Cars would slow waaaaay down, which gave us all a giggle or two.

Stanley Schmidt, great family man and by the way, great hunter too.

Jan

Hi Jan,
I know exactly where Stan was coming from... I often look back at my hunting and think about the times I was not there for my kids and wife. Stan being the great man he was, was trying to steer young bowhunting obsessed fathers into worrying more about there family than the next buck. Great post Jan, really shows the true Stan...
Capw12

Unread postby Capw12 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:50 am

I’m a relatively new user so this was my first time reading this. Being a new bow hunter, husband, and a dad to 2 young boys I can appreciate trying to balance the passions. Great read.
Newbie beast. I know nothing.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:20 am

Good bump dan. Since we didn't get to see Stanley with a slob this year, guess this will have to suffice
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi Jan awesome post. When we read Stans comments like the one your daughter referenced, we knew where Stanley was coming from. I think anyone who has dedicated so much time for a passion will naturally feel guilty of the times that could have been spent otherwise. We also knew BY reading Stans post through out the years he was indeed a great man, and loved his family very very much. Oh....and no doubt he was a great hunter too :D
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:14 pm

backstraps wrote:Hi Jan awesome post. When we read Stans comments like the one your daughter referenced, we knew where Stanley was coming from. I think anyone who has dedicated so much time for a passion will naturally feel guilty of the times that could have been spent otherwise. We also knew BY reading Stans post through out the years he was indeed a great man, and loved his family very very much. Oh....and no doubt he was a great hunter too :D

I agree. I often times feel guilty for being in the woods and think about how little time I have with loved ones around me. I sometimes feel like time is flying by and here I am in the woods. However, I love being in the woods. I think anyone that’s not selfish will feel this. Stanley was a great example. You can tell he wasn’t selfish and though he had a love for hunting, he wanted to maintain that balance with family. I didn’t know him even remotely as good as some of you guys but I read lots of his posts and even asked him for advice a few times. He was always willing to help out.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”