Declining number of hunters? Your thoughts?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.

Have you seen an increase in bow hunters over the years?

Yes, there's more bow hunters in my area(s)
73%
No, there's been less bow hunters in my area(s)
24%
Same amount of hunters but they're spending more time
No votes
Other (See my reply)
2%

Total votes: 41
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Re: Declining number of hunters? Your thoughts?

Unread postby Dor » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:22 am

ozzz wrote:I hope they continue to go down.

x2

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Chinook

Unread postby Chinook » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:52 pm

dan wrote:
Your thoughts?

I have always said that hunter safety should be an optional class in high school just like drivers education.
I know a lot of young people who never got involved with hunting, even though they wanted to, because non-hunting parents did not have the time to take them, and now that they are older have given up on getting started...

I think hunters ed kept a lot of kids from hunting. We did not need it when I was a kid and thats probably a big part of why so many kids hunted. Making it a lot easier to get involved with would be good.
Maybe the scouts could teach hunters ed too?

On the other side of the issue, hunter safety is good for kids because it also teaches gun safety and gun respect...

In Pa. it used to be offered in school. I took and passed it in 7th grade in 1972.
Chinook

Unread postby Chinook » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:01 pm

jlh42581 wrote:I think TV has made archery really popular. I see more and more people.

I actually wish it would go down. My state boast 750,000 registered deer hunters, over 950,000 general license holders

There's more bow hunters now than ever before, but overall hunter numbers are dropping fast. In 2006 there were over 1 million gen. license holders in PA.
I like to be alone in the woods, but I think dropping numbers of hunters is THE worst thing that can happen to hunting.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”